Fall Wedding Ideas
- Your menu should be all about seasonal, including pumpkin and roasted chestnut soup, root vegetables, roasted chicken with local cider, or braised local short-ribs of beef for a seasonal beef alternative.
- Have some warm cider waiting when your guests arrive to take the chill off!
- Let your fall decorating reflect the season - with autumn wildflowers. They're abundant, beautiful and will set the mood.
- Fallen leaves will brighten your tables and give a seasonal flair.
- Maybe a hearty rustic rehearsal dinner followed by a bonfire lakeside.
- Dessert and snack bar - try a variation on a tried-and-true theme with apples: chocolate and caramel-dipped apples arranged in rustic wooden bowls or copper kettles.
- It's a colorful time of year! Your fall wedding colors should include green, red, gold, orange.
- Apple shaped seating cards will direct people to the right spot with an apple based favor.
- Choose fall backdrops for your wedding photos - our lake front and garden area will provide ample choice for capturing the mood.
- Decorate your wedding cake with dahlias or other late-season flora, and choose a flavor that's reflective of the season - pumpkin, spice or similar.
- Instead of numbering your tables, choose to name them after native trees (Maple, Oak, Spruce, etc.). It'll lend a fun dimension to your guests' arrival.
- Use pine cones as separators and place markers.
- Let your centerpieces come alive! Fruit and vegetable centerpieces can be fun, colorful and creative. Or - choose wildflowers with dried accents.
- Your autumn event will be complete with a horse-drawn hay ride.
Recommended Wedding Services
Interlaken is pleased to provide this list of nearby wedding services to make your wedding day especially perfect. We demand the highest quality for our guests and have found these companies to be of the highest integrity.