A Spring Wedding in Connecticut
Spring weddings at the Interlaken are truly highlighted by our scenic beauty, natural landscaping and lush flower gardens. Newly emerging grass is a bit greener and lilacs are in bloom at our lakeside ceremony location. With this, reawaken; your wedding will glow with the energy of spring.
With full use of our expansive grounds, your guest can spend there day hiking, biking, kayaking, or maybe a set of tennis. For a more relaxed approach you can take advantage of our terrific spa on property for all of your guests needs or maybe a quiet read under a birch tree. A truly relaxing and exciting way to spend a weekend.
Our menus will typically focus on tiny sweet peas, local baby lettuces, purple asparagus, strawberries and baby arugula to harmonize with the first crops of the year harvested by our farmers in the Berkshires. Try our special Rhubarb Champagne Cocktail or maybe a Strawberry Vodka Pink Lemonade!
- View wedding photos in our gallery.
Experience the rejuvenation of the spring season in the Litchfield Hills with your choice of customizable wedding packages, each with optional ceremony at beautiful Lake Wononscopomuc and reception set in the open Atrium Pavilion surrounded by English cottage-style gardens. Please ask about tailoring a package to your exact wishes.
Interlaken is pleased to provide this list of nearby wedding services to make your wedding day especially perfect. We demand the highest quality for our guests and have found these companies to be of the highest integrity. (PDF Download)
Spring Wedding Ideas
The spring season is all about renewal - Mother Earth begins to flower, and the landscape flourishes with green everywhere... Weave the various shades of green into your decor, and integrate the spectacular variety of spring flowers. Try some of these spring wedding ideas for your food and drink....
- Ask our Executive Chef to create a signature cocktail for your wedding, and have it available to your guests at the inn's bar and at the reception. It's a great way to personalize your wedding any time of year, and spring is no exception. Consider drinks that are crisp, cool, and refreshing -- think Limoncello or champagne cocktails...
- Nonalcoholic drink - consider a lemonade bar. Serve different flavored lemonades -- raspberry, strawberry and other seasonal fruits. It's flavorful and the colors can be spectacular!
- Consider a spring theme for your salad course - entice your guests with mixed baby greens or mesclun, which have more of a fresh, straight-from-the-garden appeal. Adding a fruity element, like a few berries or a fruit-infused vinaigrette will give it a spring flair.
- Your main course should be on the lighter side - popular wedding menu items (such chicken or fish) can be given a seasonal flair by using fresh herbs, including rosemary and mint. Chutneys and marinades with a citrus or fruity base will also add to the springtime theme.
- Desserts and other sweets can also take on the spring theme - monogrammed petit fours, chocolate-dipped strawberries and other seasonal fruits will compliment your dessert table while not overloading the calories.
- Create favors by using spring bulbs
- For centerpieces - spring flowers! (lilacs, hyacinths, tulips, daffodils, forsythia)
- Special spring menus - our Executive Chef has so many ideas for you!
- Bridesmaids? - pastel colors are in season!
- Consider tree branch centerpieces with birds / bird nests and / or pussywillows
- Thinking of a March wedding? Consider a St. Patrick's Day theme, with a an Irish-inspired celebration – Guiness stout, corned beef & cabbage, irish soda bread, lucky charms and shamrocks, rainbows, etc.
Seeking a special "Girlfriend's Getaway" before your big day? What better way to show your appreciation for bridesmaids, close friends and family... Details.