Our romance packages, wine tasting and carriage ride packages will be just the ticket for a revitalizing getaway. Experience our most popular package - The Romantic Interlude or the Couples Massage Package!
- "Pet-Away" Package
- Millbrook Vineyard Package
- Romantic Escape
- Lime Rock Park Package
- Spa Retreat Package
- Romantic Interlude Package
- Birthday Bliss Spa Package
- Instant Romance Package
- Escape & Indulge Package
- Night on the Town
- Couples Massage Package
- Three Day Getaway
- Romantic Date Night
- Romantic Engagement Package
- Girlfriend's Getaway Package
What to do while visiting Lakeville, CT...
Celebrate all that winter has to offer by spending some time in the Lakeville area.
- Winter activities! Ski, shop, dine, live music...
- Shopping. Discover the unique local shops of Salisbury and Millerton. Antiques, home fashions, artisans and more.
- Skiing. Choose any of three nearby ski areas - Mohawk Mountain, Butternut Basin or Catamount. Details
- Entertainment. Visit Infinity Hall for live music or the Millerton Moviehouse for first-run flicks.
- Infinity Hall. Live music! Book our A Night on the Town package!
- Sharon Audubon. Discover at the Visitor Center and by walking the many trails.
- Wineries. Special events, daily wine tasting at the Millbrook Winery with our Millbrook Vineyard Tour Package.
- Live and Learn Series. Ninety minute presentations from those with a passion and the knowledge to teach you something new. Our Weekend Getaway in CT package includes the program, but those here for other reasons can also join in for a small fee.
Take a Virtual Tour of the Interlaken Inn
Survival List for the Romantic at Heart
Looking for a uniquely romantic idea for your romantic getaway? Consider these ideas...
1. Simple romance. As you enter the hotel room with your significant other, you're delighted by rose petals spread outside your Guestroom door. As you open the door, you notice the red rose on the pillow and her favorite romantic love story selected from our special collection playing on TV. $29 inclusive.
2. The early bird romantic. A surprise breakfast-in-bed! You tell us the time and then we’ll set up the romantic breakfast in your room. You wait until your spouse slips into the shower, and when he/she comes out you have breakfast set up and waiting complete with heart shaped pancakes, fresh flowers, white table linens, chocolate covered strawberries and our own passion fruit smoothie. All for just $59 inclusive.
3. Relax and indulge romance. Arrive back at your Guestroom after a busy day... Upon entering your room, you notice the scent of soft candlelight coming from the bathroom. You hear the sounds of your significant other’s favorite romantic music and notice the bath has been drawn with your honey’s favorite scented bubble bath. The latest copy of your sweet's favorite magazine is laying right next to the booklight and robe. All for just $49 inclusive.
4. Over the top romance. Tell us what time you’d like to surprise your sweetheart, and we’ll make all the arrangements. (Note - this amenity includes a free upgrade to a Townhouse Suite.) Your romantic surprise includes a massage for him/her upon your return, a candlelit dinner table will already be set before the glowing fire, with champagne chilling in the nearby ice bucket. After your sweetheart enjoys the massage, you tell us when you want your dinner served while you are serenaded byyour choice of a romantic CD from our collection (yours to keep). At the end of your meal, the Chef will appear and serve a wonderful flambé cherries jubilee tableside. $499 inclusive (plus the cost of standard guestroom).
A 72-hour advance notice is necessary. To make this the perfect surprise for your sweetheart, attention to detail is necessary, so these special touches cannot be booked on-line. Give us a call so Eric or Maura can assist you in making you look like a superhero - or a super-heroine!
Interlaken Gift Certificates -
Delivered instantly via Email
- Join us at 11:00 AM each Saturday morning as we explore these topics.
- Cost is included in Getaway Package. $20 fee if you'd like to join us and you're not on a package.
Claire Oehler & Nancy Mirman – About Quilting Saturday, January 12th, 2013 (11am-12pm)
Sit with us while we talk about the rich history of quilting, with emphasis on traditional quilts and patterns We'll discuss the reemergence of a solid interest in quilting during the bicentennial in the mid-70s, the development of the art and craft of quilting since then, up to the modern day of art quilts using non-traditional materials. Also - using patchwork and quilting techniques to make very wearable clothing. Throughout our presentation we will have many quilts to show, lots of show and tell to bring the stories to life. Pick up a new hobby or just increase your appreciation for the beauty of quilts!
Claire got involved with quilting in 1973 when a group got together to make a quilt to be raffled for an art scholarship for a graduate of Somers High School - and there’s been no looking back! It’s been a long, wonderful creative journey. Claire has owned her own quilting shop and has run many seminars about quilting. Nancy has designed clothing patterns for years and brings a great perspective to the fashion side of quilting.
Sam Bacco - Intro to Wine Saturday January 12th, 2013 **(3pm-4pm)
We'll help take the snobbery out of enjoying wine, and learn the basics in selecting the right (not always the most expensive) wine. AND - The right food accompaniment. There’s nothing like having the confidence when you peruse the wine list. A basic understanding of pairing wine with food will be obtained. OK - yes - we'll also be tasting a few vintages, so don't miss this one!
Sam is a restaurateur and wine enthusiast with affiliations to the American Institute of Wine & Food and Gruppo Ristoratori Italiano. He is currently distributes fine wine to the Interlaken and many others in the Tri-State region from Martin Scott Wines, New York City.
Kamilla Najdek – The Art of Floral Design Saturday January 19th, 2013
A demonstration of floral design by Kamilla. Kamilla Najdek owns “Kamilla’s” on Main Street in Millerton, NY and in addition to her storefront, offers custom designs for weddings, special events and every day floral needs. You will be amazed by her talent and expertise as well as her stunning personality!
Jimmy Wayne- A Songwriter’s Workshop Saturday January 26th, 2013
Do you love music? Have you ever considered writing a song? What goes into a song? Where do you begin? What does it take to get your songs published? Jimmy Wayne, country music artist, will be hosting this interactive workshop live from Nashville, TN via Skype in our Penthouse Lounge. Bring your questions, your journal and your listening ears- Jimmy is quite the storyteller!
Jimmy Wayne moved to Nashville, TN at the age of 25 from Kings Mountain, NC after being encouraged to do so by Mike Whelan- a Nashville executive who was the judge of a local talent competition Wayne had entered. He was signed to Acuff-Rose Publishing where he saw his first #1 hit, “Put Your Hand in Mine” which was recorded by Tracy Byrd. Not long after, Jimmy Wayne received his first label deal after performing “Sara Smile” in the office of music executive Scott Borschetta. His self-titled debut album included hit singles, “Stay Gone”, “I Love You This Much” and “Paper Angels”. Later, his biggest hit yet, “Do You Believe Me Now” became a three-week #1 hit single.
All proceeds from this workshop will be donated to Project Meet Me Halfway, Jimmy Wayne’s campaign to spread awareness for at-risk foster youth and teen homelessness.
Yarn-Inn Retreat Weekend – Knit/Weave/Spin…your way through this weekend! February 1st-3rd, 2013
Do you know how to knit or weave or spin? Whether you are a beginner or a novice, whether it is your favorite pastime or your entrepreneurship, you’ll enjoy an entire weekend dedicated to you! This weekend is about enjoying what you love to do and sharing ideas with others who are just as creative. Come alone or bring your girlfriend/mom/daughter/spouse (knitting isn’t gender-biased). In addition to a fantastic retreat you’ll also enjoy the creative cooking of Chef Scimeca and team and luxurious overnight accommodations! What fun!
Not ready for a whole weekend devoted to all things Yarn related but are curious? Join Ginger Balch from 11am-12pm on Saturday, February 2nd for an introduction class!
(Special Package Rates apply, click here for more details)
Ballroom & Latin Dance Weekend February 8th-10th, 2013
Social dancing is a popular pastime, a great way to spend “date night” and fantastic exercise! Learn how to waltz, cha-cha, tango and swing dance with various workshops throughout the weekend! Hosted by Eddie Selgado, owner of Steps in Time located in Canton, CT. Mr. Selgado has owned his own studio since 1990 and is New England’s largest full service dance studio. (Special Package Rates apply, click here for more details)
Culinary - Young Chef’s Valentine’s Day Cookie Decorating February 16th, 2013
Bring the children and make a mess of our kitchen! We’ll decorate cookies with colored frostings, glitters and sprinkles to give as a special treat! We’ll also take pictures and give them their very own Interlaken Apron to take home. Also an opportunity for the children to ask Chef Scimeca questions about culinary arts, they’ll love his passion for all things culinary- including teaching and his approachable personality.
Competitive Chef- A Couple’s Cooking Challenge February 22nd-24th, 2013
We take heating things up in the kitchen to a whole new level this weekend! On Friday evening enjoy a welcome reception joined by Chef Brandon Scimeca when he will discuss the competition for Saturday. Dinner for two to follow in Morgan’s Restaurant where you get the opportunity to be the judge. On Saturday start with a breakfast buffet and then free time to explore the area…or the internet for ideas. Be back by 2pm and join the group in the Vineyard Room where the competition will begin.
Each couple will have a work station and a core set of ingredients to incorporate into an appetizer and an entrée. In addition, there will be a pantry of food items to select from to compliment your menu which you create. You will be given guidelines to follow and Chef Scimeca will offer some instruction for safety’s sake, but otherwise it is up to the two of you to devise the perfect meal. Chef will present you with challenges along the way and after each course will be the judge! The winning couple will receive a bottle of wine, chocolate covered strawberries and bragging rights at dinner that evening. On Sunday start the day with a buffet breakfast and check out at 12pm.
(Special Package Rates apply, click here for more details)
John Harney, Harney & Sons Fine Teas – Your Cup of Tea Saturday March 2nd, 2013
Fine tea - it's healthy; it's delicious; it's mysterious to many! Settle in while we explore the world of fine teas from the comfort of our lounge chairs. These teas arrive from far-away places, hand selected by members of the Harney family, and blended / flavored to create some of the most celebrated teas anywhere. We'll talk about the difference between black, white, and green tea, and the subtle differences that climate and soil make. Terminology, favorite tea regions, proper steeping techniques, health benefits and more!
Harney & Sons has been in the business of gourmet tea for over 25 years. We make our teas for the enjoyment of our customers and take pride in meeting and exceeding their expectations from every cup of tea. Our selection is large, and includes many customer favorites including green tea, black tea, and white tea. We also have a selection of tea gifts for all kinds of occasions, including of course, end of year Holiday Gifts.
Teri Meiers - Intro to Digital Scrapbooking Saturday March 9th, 2013
Capture memories with your computer instead of papers and pens! Learn how you can design beautiful hardbound photo books on your own computer and how with a click of a button they can be printed, bound and shipped direct to your front door. No technical experience required. If you can answer email or play solitaire on your computer…you can do digital scrapbooking. Enjoy a live demonstration of StoryBook Creator Plus 4.0 Software.
Beyond digital scrapbooking…come and check out Teri’s gallery of custom photo gifts, photo cards and invitations, page prints, wall art, calendars and more. See how easy these projects are to design when you have the right software for your computer. Need Teri to do your design work…just ask.
About Teri: Successful entrepreneur, leader Creative Memories, three time recipient of her company’s most prestigious legendary leader award and top incentive trip earner who has traveled the world with Creative Memories. Let Teri tell her story and understand the new concepts in digital scrapbooking.
- Arrive a day early, or stay an extra night for just $159 (room only, plus tax). Offer available midweek from May - October, and any non-holiday from November through April. Please call to book this special second night offer, not available online.
- Gratuities for our wait staff are not included in the package price, so please tip accordingly!
- Packages are based on overnight accommodations in the Main Building or Woodside.
- If you'd like to partake in the series but not the weekend package, you can certainly do so for $20 per person.
Call us if you'd like to upgrade your guestroom (additional charge applies):
- $75 per night for Main Building King, Sunnyside King or Countryside King accommodations
- $150 per night for Townhouse Suites
- $175 per night for the Townhouse and Woodside Suites with Jacuzzis
For Metro North Customers
Travel Information to Interlaken Inn: Take Metro-North's Harlem Line to SOUTHEAST STATION, located at Route 312, at the I-84 interchange in Brewster, NY.
You can use this as your starting point to plan your trip to the Interlaken Inn and the Berkshires. For directions to the Interlaken Inn, visit www.interlakeninn.com/contact or call 1-800-222-2909. Approximate total travel time to Lakeville, CT is 2 hrs. 45 min. Check here for current Harlem Line train schedule information.
Be sure to reserve a car at SOUTHEAST Station (or Harlem Valley-Wingdale Station) with Enterprise Rent-A-Car®, by calling (845) 278-0211, and mention discount #MNR24CQ to receive your Metro-North discount. Makes and models include your choice of hybrids and minivans. Deliveries or pick-ups to the SOUTHEAST STATION or Harlem Valley-Wingdale Station are offered Monday- Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to noon.
You will need a valid drivers license and credit card. All rental car arrangements, including vehicle and key drop off must be made directly through Enterprise. Enterprise offers over 65 makes and models, including minivans and sport utility vehicles.
1600 ROUTE 22
BREWSTER, NY 10509-4014
Tel.: (845) 278-0211