- Recycle bins are in each Guestroom, as well as large recycling units around the property
- Installation of an ozone machine in our laundry room to guarantee that our towels and sheets achieve the whitest and safest clean technology without throwing harsh chemicals into the earth
- Our Chefs continue to add food scraps (such as from fruits and veggies) to the composting bins. The organic matter is then used in the new raised herb beds that will grace your plate in Morgan's restaurant
- New plantings from Salisbury Garden Center are low maintenance, hardy and of native varieties. The gardens around the property are populated with grasses and perenniels, and annuals that require significant water and fertilizer are limited
- The amenities in our Guestrooms come in Biodegradable bottles
- Use of green cleaning products in all Guestrooms and public areas
- All rooms have 2.0 GPM (gallons per minute) aerators on bathroom sink faucets
- Purchase at least 20% of food from local farmers (in season) for Morgan's, such as Skyfarms greens and lettuce, Fleisher organic meats, fruits and veggies from Farm Girl Farm, among many others
- Automatic light sensor shut-offs for meeting rooms and office space
- Participation in the Clean the World program, where remaining soap bars from Guestrooms are collected, recycled and redistributed to poverish countries around the globe. Read below for some words from Shawn Seipler from Clean the World:
Think about that for a moment. Without your participation in Clean the World, more than 1.1 million pounds of soap and bottled amenities would be trashed. That’s a lot of garbage and, in the truest sense of the term, a great waste of valuable resources.
By teaming with Clean the World, you’ve helped turn trash into treasure, providing soaps, shampoos, conditioners, lotions and gels for people in need. And you’ve improved sanitation conditions for communities everywhere.
Enjoy Earth Day. You have reason to celebrate because you’re helping Clean the World.
Check out CTvisit.com for our green certified listing, and check out Interlaken's facebook page for Kathy's video on being Green! And watch as Interlaken continues to move forward with more green initiatives this coming season!