The Interlaken Inn is a Connecticut certified Green Hotel.
Our Commitment to the Environment
The Interlaken is committed to being an environmentally conscious hotel, and we encourage our guests to partner with us to achieve the highest possible standard of conservation and environmental stewardship.
The Interlaken is committed to this concept, and pledges to:
- Provide the highest level of guest comfort while considering our impact on the environment.
- Insure the cleanliness and safety of all guest areas by using cleaning products and processes that are eco-friendly.
- Implement and improve recycling and reuse, in our offices, service areas and guestrooms.
- Reduce our energy demand by further implementing conservation strategies.
- Be available for comments and suggestions on how to improve upon conservation measures already taken.
Please email our Environmental Committee Green@InterlakenInn.com if you have suggestions in which the Interlaken may improve upon its environmental policies. Download our Green Interlaken brochure here.
More information about the State of Connecticut's Green Lodging program.
Go Green! Interlaken Inn underwent a lighting energy audit. Astounding results!
Project Name: Interlaken Inn [download GreenPaper]
Application: All Facility Lighting; Hallways, Conference Rooms, Dining Room, Bar, Lobby, Outdoor
Products Installed: R30 Recessed Floor, R20 Recessed Flood, MR16 Candelabra, PAR38, Outdoor Flood
Savings: Reduced Energy Consumption by 83,605 kw-hrs/year