Family Vacation in Connecticut
Your Connecticut family vacation will be more memorable, more bonding and less costly than you ever thought possible. The beautiful scenery, natural adventures and the relaxed feeling of the region will set the stage for a picture-perfect visit.
Stay for a day or two - or stay for a week. Choose an appropriate room type at the Interlaken (we have a dozen different room types) and then spend your time (not your money) on 25 different family-friendly activities.
Our Front Desk folks will help you find your way to numerous fun and adventurous locations nearby - all of them are FREE of charge. (Note the nominal fee at two locations.)
25 (or more) FREE family vacation ideas in Lakeville, CT:
- Swimming in the outdoor heated pool
- Explore Sharon Audubon Center - exhibits, live animals, birds of prey, trails and more (Visitors Center and aviaries are free, Trail hiking: Adults $3, Children $1.50)
- Tennis at Interlaken
- Tea Tasting at Harney & Sons Fine Teas.
- Hike the Lion's Head Trail
- Canoeing on Lake Wononscopomuc
- Bicycling on the Harlem Valley Rail Trail
- Visit the Emily Winthrop Miles Wildlife Sanctuary
- Volleyball game at Interlaken
- Play at The Playground - municipal park in Millerton
- Walk up the beautiful Kent Falls State Park
- Tour the grounds at Lime Rock Park race track
- Drive the scenic country roads of the Litchfield Hills (free guide available)
- Play Basketball at Interlaken
- Search for crayfish at Umpachene Falls (picnic area too)
- Put your feet in the water at Bash Bish Falls State Park
- Kayak on Lake Wononscopomuc
- Wander the Nature Trails at Bartholomew's Cobble (Adults $5, Children $1)
- Pet the animals at Daisy Hill Farm
- View the Great Falls in Falls Village, CT
- Visit the Covered Bridge at West Cornwall
- Hike to the Stone Tower on Haystack Mountain
- Walk to Robbins Swamp (CT's largest inland wetland)
- Tour the Orchards at Ellsworth Hill Farm (pick your own fruit & berries - extra $)
- Visit the river walk and historic iron works at Falls Village
- Explore miles of trails at White Memorial Conservation Center
Ways to Spend Your Day at the Interlaken
On-site recreation - We invite you to enjoy the peace and quiet of our resort-style property, and to take advantage of all that we have to offer. All of our on-property recreational amenities are free-of-charge to our guests - except golf greens fees and spa services. You're sure to find an activity that interests you!
- Outdoor heated swimming pool - Memorial Day weekend until mid-September.
- Lake Wonoscopomuc - perfect for recreational swimming, canoeing and kayaking. Interlaken provides canoes and kayaks to our guests - free of charge. Memorial Day weekend through the end of September, weather permitting.
- Tennis Courts - two outdoor all-weather courts.
- Executive golf 'short game' practice facility (free to guests)
- A challenging 9-hole golf course and professional all-weather track adjoin our property.
- Sculpture gardens featuring Denis Curtiss. Stroll through the extensive country gardens cared for by Salisbury Garden Center, and indulge yourself in the variety of annual and perennial fauna. Our 'English Cottage' style gardens bloom throughout the summer season, bursting with rare, exotic and interesting flowers.
- Game Room with pool table, ping-pong and air hockey. Relax and enjoy the widescreen TV, card and game tables, and comfortable overstuffed chairs in the adjoining Executive Lounge.
- Health & Fitness center - exercise room with recumbent bicycles, treadmills, stair climbers, free weights, and more.
- Feel free to walk or jog around Interlaken's 30 scenic acres. It's a marvelous way to revitalize your spirit. Two lakes and an abundance of Mother Nature in between!
- Basketball half-court, Volleyball net
Whatever your pleasure, either as an individual or group, our Guest Services Staff stands ready to locate, arrange and get you to your idea of a perfect pasttime.