Team Building Activities » Community Outreach
Community Outreach Program
Interlaken Inn recognizes your desire to give back to the communities who help make you successful, and to support the communities that your employees call 'home'. To encourage and help you achieve your corporate social responsibility goals, we've created a number of activities that can be integrated into your offsite meeting.
It works like this....
- Choose a team building activity from our list of programs.
- Add the Community Outreach component to your chosen program
- Let us work out the logistics.
While enjoying a stimulating teambuilding activity here, your teams will earn (through points and/or completion of tasks) the products that will be included in a donation to an organization in your community.
This Community Outreach Program is customized to suit your company's goals, and to ultimately donate to an organization that you help us identify. If you prefer - Interlaken staff may also provide you with a list of local organizations in need.
Our Community Outreach Program will create a sense of camaraderie within your group, and provide a sense of unified accomplishment. Your Community Outreach will fulfill a service to a needy organization, and is an excellent opportunity to have fun!
Here are suggested ways to modify your team building experience:
- Radical Race Donation Drive: Your group works together in teams to solve clues and reach destinations where they will have a task to perform. After performing the task they will receive a donation item to fill their team's backpack with items from your community's youth charity's wish list. All backpacks will be donated at the end of the race to the charity.
- Build, Cycle & Donate: Your team will go on a scavenger hunt throughout Interlaken's 30 acres to collect the necessary parts to build a child's bicycle! Once all the parts are found, your team will construct the bike and take it for a test drive! All bikes will be donated with helmets to Toys for Tots.
- Appalachian Trail Maintenance (groups under 15 people- transportation necessary) Set out with your rakes and shears on a section of the Appalachian Trail (under 15 minutes from Interlaken) to help maintain the trail for the hikers.
- Little Red Wagon of Goods: Your team will earn points by answering questions! Cash the points in for merchandise and fill Radio Flyer wagons with the various items which will be donated to a group shelter in your area.
- Culinary Challenge & Donate: Teams will engage in Interlaken's original Culinary Challenge but also have the task of preparing needed food items which will be frozen and delivered to our local Food Bank!
Contact Kristy Barto in Corporate Sales for meeting package details.
A journey into the wilderness of collaboration. Problem-solving, negotiating, time-keeping and observation skills are all needed to complete this activity- but most of all you need to want to have fun!
Team Building Programs
Here is a partial list of corporate prorgams to choose from:
- Radical Race - energetic and wild!
- Team Olympics - complete with gold, silver, bronze...
- Culinary Challenge - see who's Top Gun in the kitchen
- Raft Expedition - explore the depths of collaboration
- Mixology - a fun and social event
- Quest for Team Adventure - high adventure, effective teams
- Community Outreach - make your team building experience more meaningful
Download our Team Building Programs 2012 Brochure for additional details and pricing! (256 Kb)