The Lakeside Blog is happily written by Michelle Bruck at the Interlaken Inn, Lakeville, CT. She writes about what there is to do at Interlaken and why you should come stay with us, fun local events, great places to visit and cool things to do – in and around Lakeville & Salisbury Connecticut.
Comments? Email me: Michelle-at-InterlakenInn.com
Showing 46 - 50 of 600 Articles
Recipe for Romance at Interlaken
We've got the ingredients this year to make it the most special Valentine's Day yet!
We are in the mood for love here at Interlaken this year, so choose our Valentine's Day Package and celebrate Saturday, February 15th with us. In addition to your clean and comfortable Guestroom, a romantic three course dinner for two (try our Lovers Antipasto Platter for Two: Oysters on the half shell with champagne sorbet), a cocktail for each of you, a red rose for her, couples dancing to the sounds of Scott Heth's trio, and then a sweet breakfast for two complete with heart-shaped pancakes - we've got a dozen more reasons to make the night even more extraordinary:
- Rose Petal Turn Down - while you’re out to a lovely dinner our room attendants expertly freshen up you guest room and turn down the room for the evenings slumber, concluding with a romantic trail of rose petals across the bed. $30
- Drawn bath / shower – Treat your sweetheart to a drawn hot bath with candles and the Interlaken’s signature lavender, vanilla milk bath blend. This is sure to relax and delight the senses. $25
- Chocolate covered Strawberries. $19
- Tea for Two and Two for Tea - Afternoon tea and Cookies delivered to you guest room. $15
- Private Cooking Class - Prepare a delicious meal with your special ‘someone’ under the guidance of Interlaken’s Executive Chef Brandon Scimeca. You’ll create a memorable lunch or dinner with Chef Scimeca while sipping wine and learning new cooking techniques “just for the two of you”. $299 per couple, plus tax & service charge
- Milk House Chocolates – Locally crafted chocolates, made fresh with Thorncrest Farm’s milk, butter and cream. Absolutely divine! 10 piece Sampler $30, Cabernet Sauvignon Dark Chocolate Truffles $50
- Chefs Tasting menu (Friday or Sunday) $85 per person, plus tax & service charge
- A Dozen Red Roses with vase $75
- Romantic Bouquet of flowers in vase $50
- In-room manicure and pedicure, with rose oil & petals $35 / $55
- Fresh Fruit and Local artisan cheeses $19
- Choose from Interlaken’s wine cellar of champagnes, red & white wines – Complete list here.
Did you have something else in mind, perhaps something so very personalized that you need a bit more assistance? No worries, we can make it happen. Call or email Vanessa or Ryan who would be happy to be your romantic concierge for the weekend: Vanessa@interlakeninn.com or Ryan@interlakeninn.com.
Come early Saturday! If your room is ready we'd be happy to get you settled right away, but in the meantime you can relax in our restaurant where Eric will be offering some unique "love potion" cocktails and special lunch items. We'll have the most popular love songs playing in the background while you share a yummy fondue plate with the one you love.
Let the romance begin even earlier and come on Friday night! Make it a full weekend showing your loved one just how special they are.
Attention Fingers & Toes
You read it here first:
Coming very soon will be a new service at ELLORA Spa at Interlaken:
Manicures and Pedicures will be available in 2014!
This is the perfect service available right on property for bridal parties, girlfriend getaways, mothers & daughters, your special lady - even yourself! It's so new I don't even have specific details to give you but do know it's coming and check back here and the ELLORA Spa page for its debut. Until then, keep in mind the many other wonderful services offered by ELLORA Spa, such as the Hawaiian Lomi Lomi massage or the Ayurvedic Facial. Make an afternoon of it with a service and a special spa lunch.
ELLORA Spa is available by appointment only, so be sure to make your reservation today by calling 860-435-1305.
88th Annual SWSA Jumpfest
Save the date!
In just one month from now this local community and many visitors will be enjoying the 88th Annual SWSA Jumpfest. Festivities go all weekend long, and this year Morgan's at Interlaken is uniquely involved by hosting a Bourbon Flight Tasting and Cooking with Bourbon food demonstration on Saturday, February 8th at 4pm. Also, be sure to check out Interlaken's website for special package offerings!
Our Table is Open!
We've made it even more convenient to dine at Morgan's Restaurant: Morgan's is now available on Open Table, the easiest way to check availability for your preferred time and make the reservation via your iphone, tablet, android, laptop or desktop computer. After you choose the date and time, all you then need to do is choose what amazing dish will be yours to enjoy that night. Using the freshest of ingredients, our Chefs are sure to make you say "the food at Morgan's was delicious" or "the food was amazing!!!" (thank you recent Guests!).
Click here for out latest menu to start the decision process today! (oh and save room for some fabulous desserts such as the Ganache Torte...
"Dashing Through the Snow'
Northwest Connecticut certainly does, so now is the time to take advantage of our Sleigh Ride Package.
How romantic would it be to come to the Litchfield Hills, at the foothills of the Berkshires, and wander through the countryside via horse and sleigh over freshly fallen snow? This is a sure way to enjoy winter's beauty with someone you love. If this weekend isn't an option for you, keep us in mind and call us anytime for the latest snow report!
Showing 46 - 50 of 600 Articles