Welcome to Interlaken's Lakeside Blog!
Showing 436 - 440 of 637 Articles
We are here to please!
Service Acts of Interlaken employee kindness!! (just in the past week, mind you!)
- An overseas guest obviously not used to or prepared for snow was trying to clean snow off of his rental car with a handkerchief. Our maintenance man plowing the parking lot took note of this, stopped and let the man borrow his scraper and helped him remove the snow from his vehicle.
- Winston noticed a young child sent out to clean off the family car. He was without gloves/mittens and trying very hard to keep his hands warm. Winston went to the front door and called him to come and borrow his gloves. He ran and took Winston’s gloves and when he was finished returned them to Winston with the biggest smile and thank you that he has ever received.
From a New Year’s Eve Guest: I’m not sure who it was, exactly, but a gentleman offered to bring a snack plate to our room after we left the bar early in the evening of New Year’s eve… what a nice touch! It was much appreciated, and very gracious!
A couple just arrived on a Romantic Interlude package, in between lunch serving hours of many restaurants – but not at Interlaken! Brandon just delivered a warm turkey club and some hot coffee to their room.
Kathy sent hot cocoa and warm cookies to a family that returned from skiing at Butternut all day. The next day she receives the cutest crayon-written thank you note from the kids.
Some couples were gathering in the lobby before our New Year’s Eve celebration, drinking champagne from plastic glasses. Kathy noticed, brought them some real champagne glasses from our restaurant along with some cheese and crackers. These couples have decided to return next year because of what Kathy did for them.
Let’s see if we can do something nice for you! Click here to visit our website so you can see all that Interlaken and this wonderful snowy area of Northwestern Connecticut have to offer you!
What's your reason to visit?
My first question to a Guest after they call and say “I’d like to make a reservation” is “What brings you to Interlaken”? Today I took several reservation calls and here’s what I heard:
- Surprise for my husband’s 40th birthday – the Johnny Winter’s show at Infinity Hall the first week in February
- Visiting the Lime Rock Race Track – late April, early May
- Celebrating 3 years of dating with my girlfriend – sign me up for the Romantic Interlude Package!
- Visiting my daughter at Hotchkiss
- I heard you guys were getting more snow this weekend – I want to take a sleigh ride in the country at Loon Meadow Farm with my husband
- I am getting remarried, and would like to have an intimate gathering of a few rooms and dinner to celebrate in Morgan’s – March 12th!
- I just need to getaway. I want to stay close to home but far enough away, and not break the bank after the holidays and all. The Romantic Interlude package is perfect for him!
- I want to take my dog away with me, and I found out that you were pet friendly. I got her settled in the new Sunnyside king bedded pet room next week
- Skiing! I want to take my kids to Butternut – they have tubing there also
W H A T I S Y O U R R E A S O N TO V I S I T ?
Check out our "Suite" new look!
Don’t you love a play on words?
The first of many renovations set for 2011 is on its way! The Townhouse Suites and adjoining Townhouse rooms at Interlaken are out with the old carpet and in with the new! Four units have been completed so far…
A few years ago, we updated the Suites with the “Scandanavian” look – deep rich colors with pops of interesting color, and this new carpet fits the scheme perfectly. I’ll have to get the moving with the camera to take some new shots so our website can be updated!
Have you stayed in our Suite units yet? They are our largest accommodation, great for families as most of the units can sleep up to 6 people. These units are also wonderful for couples – and let me tell you why! “Fireplace”! Nothing like getting cozy with your sweetheart in front of a pretty fire. Don’t worry, you don’t have to cut and bring your own firewood – we provide a duralog for you, and matches of course. After a long day of skiing, there’s nothing like getting warm by the fire! Come check out our Suites – and ask for one where the new carpet already lies!
Click here to find out more about our Townhouse units!
And stay tuned for more renovations at Interlaken in the coming year – this BLOG is the always the first to know!
Starting the year on a positive note!
Well, the New Year has officially arrived, and so have the comments about the New Year’s Eve celebration at Interlaken last night! The breakfast room and the main lobby were quite busy this morning, with the same celebratory feel in the air! My ears were wide open for all of the Guest feedback – let me share some of it with you!
“Everyone was so friendly”
“The food was fabulous”
“Sign me up for three rooms next year”
“People who work here are very polite”
“Wanda Houston was amazing”
“The band was great”
“You can’t get parties like this in NYC”
“The staff is so friendly”
“A great crowd this year”
“I loved being able to just walk back to my room afterwards – and didn’t have to go into the cold”
“I’m coming back next year with two more couples”
Thank you, Interlaken party-goers – for starting our New Year off this way!
Ending the year on a Sweet Note!
Morgan’s at Interlaken latest Dessert Menu! I just love desserts that contain healthy ingredients!
Showing 436 - 440 of 637 Articles