The Lakeside Blog is happily written by Michelle Bruck at the Interlaken Inn, Lakeville, CT. She writes about what there is to do at Interlaken and why you should come stay with us, fun local events, great places to visit and cool things to do – in and around Lakeville & Salisbury Connecticut.
Comments? Email me: Michelle-at-InterlakenInn.com
Showing 431 - 440 of 577 Articles
Where Am I, Part 3!
Continuing on with my wonderful walk of the Interlaken property! The weather this weekend in New England will be gorgeous – sunny and high’s in the low 70′s. Gorgeous! You should come to where I am!
I am in our newly renovated lobby! Read the morning paper with a cup of Harney Tea!
I am on Morgan's deck where we serve our weekend breakfast buffet. What a pretty view! (And a neat picture with the reflection of the table!)
Where Am I, part 2!
Still roaming the Interlaken property on another gorgeous fall day – let us see where I am today!
I am still sitting in that chair, and I turned to the left!
No matter where I am, everything is green and pretty against the beautiful blue sky! Just wait until the colors start to arrive – there’s nothing like New England Foliage! Trees are starting to change, so book your visit in the next few weeks so you can be where I am!
WHERE AM I?
It is a gorgeous fall day today at the Interlaken, so it was only most appropriate that I grab the camera and head outside! Follow me, and then tell me…
I am sitting on the terrace under the awning, looking out to the pool. Can you see the tree changing in the distance?
I am walking up the path to the Wedding Pavilion
I am sitting on the deck outside Room 216, our Skip Barber Suite
I am walking along the dog path near the Sunnyside building
Be our FRIEND!
If you aren’t already one, be our Interlaken friend on FACEBOOK! Admit it, you are always on there, updating your status, checking on your friend’s status, posting pictures of your kids, connecting with old high school friends – so why not ‘friend’ us so you can see what’s going on here! We can keep tempting you to get away with all of the fun things that happen here and in the surrounding area. Vanessa happily keeps a constant supply of information posted – pictures of food are of course my favorite! Lime Rock events, wedding photos, local art shows, what’s being picked at Ellsworth Farm, groups in house (welcome back Country Quilters this weekend!), new packages, fun weekend happenings – and so much more! It’s easy to find us – just type in the Search box “Interlaken Inn” and there we are! Of course our Facebook friends receive special rates and promotions, so be on the lookout! If this is your favorite time of year, now is the perfect time to become our friend as we will share with you every fall festival/happening/show/event that we know of that celebrates this wonderful season! We look forward to being friends with YOU today!
I WANT CANDY!
As promised, here some photos from the wedding at the Interlaken this past weekend! Rather than showing you the usual ones, such as the ceremony at the lakefront, the set-up under the pavilion, etc., I thought I’d go with just three today – three unique and fun ideas that you may want to have at your wedding! Here they are:
I WANT CANDY!
A Candy Bar! Buckets of yummy candy with tongs in each for choosing – it’s like being at Dylan’s but in Lakeville, CT! What a great way to satisfy every sweet tooth that is sharing in your sweet celebration!
Add some dress up fun to your celebration! Every accessory you could ask for: hats, masks, scarves, feathers, you name it – it was all here at the photo booth! They brought in a portable studio, the Guest would take their own picture, it would print out onto a scrapbooking table, each Guest would then “scrap” their photo into the scrapbook – what a great way to capture unforgettable memories!
One cake, one flavor? I don’t think so! Check out this cupcake variety: Carrot cake, chocolate with a peanut butter filling, chocolate with mint filling and mint frosting, red velvet with cream cheese frosting, lemon with a sugared lemon on top. With such great flavors, who can choose just one?!
SOUNDS at Interlaken!
This is what we heard at the Interlaken today!
“Everything was great”
“Thank you so much for your hospitality”
“Everything was wonderful!”
“This girl was so helpful”
“This is a lovely place”
“The wedding was gorgeous, couldn’t have been better, who would say any other”
“The breakfast buffet was very good”
“We thoroughly enjoyed our stay”
“It was fabulous, we had so much fun”
“Everything was great”
“Everything was lovely, truly a great place”
“Beautiful room, and the place was very nice as well”
“It’s a beautiful place, although I had so much fun that I lost my dress – I can’t find it” (haha, she laughs)
Thank you to our wonderful Guests this weekend!
P.S. For those of you looking for photos from the wedding, check back in few days - they will be posted then!
Labor Day Weekend – WOW!
Summer always ends with a BANG at both Interlaken and the surrounding area!
1. A HUGE wedding here – the ceremony is happening at the lake right as I type this. The wedding pavilion is ready for the Guests! More action shots in tomorrow’s blog!
2. The Taste of Litchfield Hills happening at Lime Rock Race Track – still an hour and a half left to try local restaurants and meet some local vendors – it’s happening Sunday and Monday as well from 11am to 6pm!
Have you taken a tour yet?
I just passed Kristy, our Sales Manager, walking around with two ladies that came from New York City for a site visit today. They are here to see if the Interlaken property will meet their needs for their corporate outing coming up this October. They just finished looking at the meeting room options, and they were checking out our Main Building rooms and will need 20 of them, each with two Queen beds to accommodate their 40 Guests. Kristy was telling them about the Culinary Challenge – and I was inclined to interrupt and tell them how much fun it is, but decided to be polite and just kept walking! Heading back to my office, I overheard Brandon, Food & Beverage Director and Wedding Coordinator, setting up an appointment for a wedding site visit this coming Sunday at 1pm. In additon to the Guestrooms, Brandon will take the couple out to the wedding pavilion and talk to them about the set-up, the menus (YUM!), recommended vendors, what other couples have done, etc. He’ll then take a leisurely stroll with the couple to the lakefront for the ceremony site, and it’s always love at first sight for those wishing for a lakeside nuptial exchange!
Now for those of you who are just looking to getaway for a little R&R with your family, you probably won’t come and see us beforehand, but you can still take a tour of our property! If you go to our homepage (click here) and click on the Virtual Tour button you will be able to see the Interlaken almost as if you were standing right on property! You can also view our Guestrooms and other public areas. The virtual tour will give you a general idea of Interlaken, but of course you will feel it all when you arrive!
Whatever tour you decide to take, I hope you like what you see and will decide to come and stay with us!
Comments like these just MAKE MY DAY!
You may be tired of reading what I write about the Interlaken property. Of course I’ll say nice things – I work here! I am always saying how beautiful it is, how clean and comfortable our rooms are, how amazing the entrees are in Morgan’s, how friendly the staff is, how lovely a canoe ride is on the lake, how peaceful the property is, I go on and on… but I am NOT the only one saying these things! Guests who stay with us tell me about their experiences here, and so I thought I’d share with you what Guests are saying about their most recent Interlaken stay!
- Thank you for asking – we had a wonderful stay with you. Our room was very comfortable and the view was beautiful. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast was great and I liked that the hot item was different everyday. I hope to organize a girlfriend weekend away at your resort.
- The staff was excellent, as was the restaurant food. Townhouse bathrooms could be larger. Enjoyed relaxed & peaceful atmosphere.
- We had a wonderful stay at the Interlaken Inn.
- We had an excellent stay and would stay again. We have recommended it to our family members. The breakast buffet was great, the beds were comfortable and it was quiet. The lake access was a big plus with kayaks and row boats available. We prefer outdoor pools as well. We’ll be back, maybe next year. Thanks for asking.
- We enjoyed our stay very much. Your staff was consistantly warm and helpful. Our 3 dinners were quite good. What we would have appreciated in our room were black-out curtains on the door and skylight, and a drying string in the bathtub. We will look forward to another stay soon. Sincerely, Amy
- Dear Interlaken Friends, We had a wonderful time staying with you these past few days (Sun, Aug 15 – Wed, Aug 18). I am from the area and love coming up as often as possible. We always stay with you and feel at home. Your new improvements are great!!!! Our mornings were so much easier with the included “continental plus” breakfast. It is a terrific “value-added” item. It was so much better than having to run out early and half-asleep. Everything was delicious and displayed nicely. (I was wishing we had it again this morning at home!) The staff at breakfast (esp. Libby on Mon and the young man on Tues) were wonderful. The new life jackets, boats, beautiful swings, and beach chairs at the lake were great. I had brought up life jackets (adults and kids sizes) because the old ones at the lakefront were getting so worn, and was pleasantly surprised to see we didn’t need to use them. As always, the gardens were gorgeous and we enjoyed the pool, game room, lake, grounds, doing things all around the area, you-name-it. Thank you and best wishes, Barb
Come try Interlaken for yourself so I can post your happy comments on my blog!
I am just happy to get away!
I am going away for a couple of days with my family, and I am so excited. It’s “interesting” for us to go away to other hotels because we are always comparing the hotel and its services we are staying at with the Interlaken. Will there be enough towels at the pool area? When I get to their pool, and there are no more towels, I will simply ask for more. I don’t care – I am just happy to get away with my family! If the breakfast buffet is low on eggs, I will tell the server, or skip them and avoid the risk of salmonella. I don’t care – I am just happy to get away with my family! What if the front desk person doesn’t smile at me upon arrival? I will just assume that they are having a bad moment, or maybe I forgot to smile at them first? I don’t care – I am just happy to get away with my family! What if the room is smaller than I thought? If it’s clean, and the basics are covered, then I don’t care – I am just happy to get away with my family! What if the air conditioner is too loud? I will be thankful it is still keeping my room cool so I can sleep comfortably in the warm weather – because I am just happy to get away with my family!
Maybe people are just too stressed in their daily lives to just be happy to get away with their family!
Come stay at the Interlaken and relax with your family – take a dip in the pool, take a canoe out on the lake, arrange for a one hour massage, go for a hike on the Appalachian Trail, ride a bike on the Harlem Valley Rail Trail, have an amazing dinner in Morgan’s, leisurely, while listening to Scott Heth on piano, read a book in an Adirondack chair in our courtyard, admire the beautiful landscaping from Salisbury Garden Center. Sleep late, or get up early and go for a walk! Do whatever you want – just be happy to get away with your family!
Showing 431 - 440 of 577 Articles