The Lakeside Blog is happily written by Michelle Bousquet at the Interlaken Inn, Lakeville, CT. She writes about what there is to do at Interlaken and why you should come stay with us, fun local events, great places to visit and cool things to do – in and around Lakeville & Salisbury Connecticut.
Comments? Email me: Michelle-at-InterlakenInn.com
Showing 421 - 425 of 621 Articles
What's your reason to visit?
My first question to a Guest after they call and say “I’d like to make a reservation” is “What brings you to Interlaken”? Today I took several reservation calls and here’s what I heard:
- Surprise for my husband’s 40th birthday – the Johnny Winter’s show at Infinity Hall the first week in February
- Visiting the Lime Rock Race Track – late April, early May
- Celebrating 3 years of dating with my girlfriend – sign me up for the Romantic Interlude Package!
- Visiting my daughter at Hotchkiss
- I heard you guys were getting more snow this weekend – I want to take a sleigh ride in the country at Loon Meadow Farm with my husband
- I am getting remarried, and would like to have an intimate gathering of a few rooms and dinner to celebrate in Morgan’s – March 12th!
- I just need to getaway. I want to stay close to home but far enough away, and not break the bank after the holidays and all. The Romantic Interlude package is perfect for him!
- I want to take my dog away with me, and I found out that you were pet friendly. I got her settled in the new Sunnyside king bedded pet room next week
- Skiing! I want to take my kids to Butternut – they have tubing there also
W H A T I S Y O U R R E A S O N TO V I S I T ?
Check out our "Suite" new look!
Don’t you love a play on words?
The first of many renovations set for 2011 is on its way! The Townhouse Suites and adjoining Townhouse rooms at Interlaken are out with the old carpet and in with the new! Four units have been completed so far…
A few years ago, we updated the Suites with the “Scandanavian” look – deep rich colors with pops of interesting color, and this new carpet fits the scheme perfectly. I’ll have to get the moving with the camera to take some new shots so our website can be updated!
Have you stayed in our Suite units yet? They are our largest accommodation, great for families as most of the units can sleep up to 6 people. These units are also wonderful for couples – and let me tell you why! “Fireplace”! Nothing like getting cozy with your sweetheart in front of a pretty fire. Don’t worry, you don’t have to cut and bring your own firewood – we provide a duralog for you, and matches of course. After a long day of skiing, there’s nothing like getting warm by the fire! Come check out our Suites – and ask for one where the new carpet already lies!
Click here to find out more about our Townhouse units!
And stay tuned for more renovations at Interlaken in the coming year – this BLOG is the always the first to know!
Starting the year on a positive note!
Well, the New Year has officially arrived, and so have the comments about the New Year’s Eve celebration at Interlaken last night! The breakfast room and the main lobby were quite busy this morning, with the same celebratory feel in the air! My ears were wide open for all of the Guest feedback – let me share some of it with you!
“Everyone was so friendly”
“The food was fabulous”
“Sign me up for three rooms next year”
“People who work here are very polite”
“Wanda Houston was amazing”
“The band was great”
“You can’t get parties like this in NYC”
“The staff is so friendly”
“A great crowd this year”
“I loved being able to just walk back to my room afterwards – and didn’t have to go into the cold”
“I’m coming back next year with two more couples”
Thank you, Interlaken party-goers – for starting our New Year off this way!
Ending the year on a Sweet Note!
Morgan’s at Interlaken latest Dessert Menu! I just love desserts that contain healthy ingredients!
Interlaken in Review!
As we approach year end, it’s time to recap what was new this year at Interlaken! There’s so much to mention - so pour yourself a cup of Harney Tea and read on!
- Wedding/banquet chairs – beautiful and comfortable seating
- Softub for one of our Honeymoon Suites – relax and look up at the stars
- ATM – no need to travel into town
- Recycle containers – so you can help us help the world
- Lakefront furniture – to view the serene Lake Wononscopomuc
- LCD’s – all rooms have them!
- Trees in front of the main building – to keep our ramp entrance shady!
- LOBBY! This was a big one – so many of our Guests have commented how warm and welcoming it is – come see for yourself!
- Complimentary Wi-fi – to keep you connected free of charge!
- Complimentary mid-week Continental Breakfast – This was another big change our Guests really liked this year! An assortment of continental items and one hot item per day – set-up in our Vineyard room every morning until 9:30am!
- Woodside Queen Mattresses – for that perfect slumber
- Resurfaced Tennis Courts – I never even blogged about this this year! We did them at the end of the season – BLUE – just like the U.S. Open! I’ll post pictures soon!
If the last time you stayed with us was in 2009, then by all means – be sure to visit us soon to see and enjoy all of these new additions from 2010! 2011 has a list of goodies planned as well!
Showing 421 - 425 of 621 Articles