The Lakeside Blog is happily written by Michelle Bruck at the Interlaken Inn, Lakeville, CT. She writes about what there is to do at Interlaken and why you should come stay with us, fun local events, great places to visit and cool things to do – in and around Lakeville & Salisbury Connecticut.
Comments? Email me: Michelle-at-InterlakenInn.com
Showing 411 - 415 of 609 Articles
Starting the year on a positive note!
Well, the New Year has officially arrived, and so have the comments about the New Year’s Eve celebration at Interlaken last night! The breakfast room and the main lobby were quite busy this morning, with the same celebratory feel in the air! My ears were wide open for all of the Guest feedback – let me share some of it with you!
“Everyone was so friendly”
“The food was fabulous”
“Sign me up for three rooms next year”
“People who work here are very polite”
“Wanda Houston was amazing”
“The band was great”
“You can’t get parties like this in NYC”
“The staff is so friendly”
“A great crowd this year”
“I loved being able to just walk back to my room afterwards – and didn’t have to go into the cold”
“I’m coming back next year with two more couples”
Thank you, Interlaken party-goers – for starting our New Year off this way!
Ending the year on a Sweet Note!
Morgan’s at Interlaken latest Dessert Menu! I just love desserts that contain healthy ingredients!
Interlaken in Review!
As we approach year end, it’s time to recap what was new this year at Interlaken! There’s so much to mention - so pour yourself a cup of Harney Tea and read on!
- Wedding/banquet chairs – beautiful and comfortable seating
- Softub for one of our Honeymoon Suites – relax and look up at the stars
- ATM – no need to travel into town
- Recycle containers – so you can help us help the world
- Lakefront furniture – to view the serene Lake Wononscopomuc
- LCD’s – all rooms have them!
- Trees in front of the main building – to keep our ramp entrance shady!
- LOBBY! This was a big one – so many of our Guests have commented how warm and welcoming it is – come see for yourself!
- Complimentary Wi-fi – to keep you connected free of charge!
- Complimentary mid-week Continental Breakfast – This was another big change our Guests really liked this year! An assortment of continental items and one hot item per day – set-up in our Vineyard room every morning until 9:30am!
- Woodside Queen Mattresses – for that perfect slumber
- Resurfaced Tennis Courts – I never even blogged about this this year! We did them at the end of the season – BLUE – just like the U.S. Open! I’ll post pictures soon!
If the last time you stayed with us was in 2009, then by all means – be sure to visit us soon to see and enjoy all of these new additions from 2010! 2011 has a list of goodies planned as well!
One more favorite thing….
S N O W .
OK, for anyone who knows me you know I am way fibbing here! But honestly I did LOVE it on Sunday when I had no where to go and I watched it fall all day and into the evening. So pretty. And then overnight. And then into the morning until about Noon. Still, I had nowhere to go on Monday either, so I was still lovin’ it! My true feelings for snow set in as the shoveling began, but again I’m over it as the ride to work this morning was so pretty since E V E R Y T H I N G was covered in snow! Now let the winter fun in New England begin! There’s so much to do: skiing, snowboarding, tubing, ice skating – just going for a trudging walk in it is invigorating! Head behind the Sunnyside house and build a huge SNOWMAN! I bundled up and headed outside to take some pictures of this wonderful snow!
Another one of my favorite things….
As of yesterday, Interlaken only had paper gift certificates available for purchase, but as of this morning we now have virtual gift cards as well! I am so excited about this, as we all have been in that situation where we need a last minute gift and it’s 10pm the night before the event, and panic sets in. (most likely self inflicted panic as why would one wait until the night before?) But now it’s virtual gift cards to the rescue! It’s so easy to get them – you can go right to our website and look for the above picture, click on it and you are in! You will need the email of whom you wish to send it to and they’ll have it instantly. There are a choice of demoninations as well, so if you were thinking of $100 towards dinner at Morgan’s or $500 towards a 2 night package, the choice is yours. Someday we hope to offer our many packages as well for gift card purchases, but until then, you’ll have to plan a bit ahead of time and give us a call so we can still mail that out to you in time. Still in need of a last minute gift? Let Interlaken’s new virtual gift cards be your solution!
How cute is this to show up on your special someone’s mobile device?!
Showing 411 - 415 of 609 Articles