The Lakeside Blog is happily written by Michelle Bousquet at the Interlaken Inn, Lakeville, CT. She writes about what there is to do at Interlaken and why you should come stay with us, fun local events, great places to visit and cool things to do – in and around Lakeville & Salisbury Connecticut.
Comments? Email me: Michelle-at-InterlakenInn.com
Showing 411 - 415 of 620 Articles
SWSA Jump Fest 2011!
OK, so I just got back and can sum it up with one word: C O O L ! Unfortunately, my day didn’t go quite as planned at Interlaken and I got over to Satre Hill much later than I had hoped, but I was still able to see the target jumping. It’s really so cool (there’s that word again) to watch young men (17 and under) swoop down the jump, fly into the area, and look to land on the little orange and blue neon eyeball (a.k.a. the target) on the snowy hill, with cowbells ringing, cheering them on. There’s a fire pit (which I stood near of course), a little snack bar (hot cocoa of course), some bleachers, many dogs (pet friendly like Interlaken!), and many spectators and supporters from the local area and beyond. On the way out, announcements were made about Sunday’s events (the actual competition begins at 1pm) and of course about the Junior Olympics just a week and a half away – you could feel the anticipation of it in the cool air!
Oh how easy it is these days to communicate with our Guests, and to have our Guests communicate with us! Gone are the days of printed comment cards in Interlaken Guestrooms, and an abundance of printed ads in publications for advertising the Interlaken in various markets. Woo-hoo for all of the technological advances to bring us where we are today! Like this BLOG. How would I ever be able to share with you all the information about what is happening here, what’s newly renovated, our latest package offering, the weather in Northwest Connecticut, my love of Harney Tea, wedding photos, the nightly special in Morgan’s - all in a timely fashion – if I didn’t have this blog? Like Facebook. How would the mother of the bride be able to share with everyone her thoughts about her daughter’s wedding held here at the Interlaken last weekend without Facebook? Like Twitter. Come on, we all love the 140 words or less – short to read and simple to write!
Follow our tweets on Twitter! And tweet us back on Twitter!
Fan us on Facebook! Take a moment to tell us about your stay!
Keep reading me for the latest happenings at Interlaken!
SWSA is HOT this year!
Interlaken supports SWSA!
As I was heading to work this morning, passing the Green in Salisbury, CT, I was reminded about the annual Nordic ski jumps held at Satre Hill in Salisbury, CT the weekend of February 11th – 13th. SWSA has hosted this event for 85 years, and this year, Satre Hill unveils its $700,000 community funded, Olympic size steel ski jump. (there’s a reason for this new jump, read on!) The weekend is full of many fun and interesting events, and concludes with the U.S. Eastern Championships on Sunday. But the jumping doesn’t end there for the season! Here’s the reason of the new steel ski jump versus the wood one: SWSA is proud to be this year’s host of the coveted USSA (United States Ski and Snowboard Association) Junior Olympics in Ski Jumping and Nordic Combined competition! The event includes both ski jumping at Satre Hill and cross country skiing over at Mohawk Mountain. Last year, the Junior Olympics (for ages 17 and under) were held in Steamboat Springs, Colorado, and previously in Alaska. Needless to say, this small town of 4000 residents is quite excited to host this premier 5 day event! It all begins on February 22nd and lasts through February 26th. Oh and more good news: Interlaken is happy to be deemed the “Olympic Village” for both opening and closing ceremonies!
February is definitely SWSA’s month to shine, and Interlaken is happy to accommodate everyone who plans to visit these wonderful events! Click here for more info on SWSA, Jump Fest and the Junior Olympics!
Oh my goodness! I just cannot wait for it (IT being Spring) to come this year! With today’s prediction of 12 more inches of snow for Interlaken in Lakeville, CT – I just had to go back through my photos and post ones of warmer and greener times to come!
What are you doing on this frigid January day?
- Interlaken has a bride in our lobby, ready to walk down the aisle to the love of her life
- Interlaken has a family that just got back from skiing at Catamount – we’ve got hot cocoa all ready for them!
- Interlaken has a couple that is leaving shortly to see the show at Infinity Hall
- Interlaken has dinner reservations clustered near the 7pm time, about when Scott Heth begins to play the piano
- Interlaken has a couple doing a menu tasting for their wedding here in June for 165 Guests
- Interlaken has Scrapbookers in house! About 20 ladies in the WRR laughing, cropping, eating, creating memories…
- Interlaken has 107 Guests ready to enjoy a wonderful meal and great dancing under our wedding pavilion
- Interlaken has a woman celebrating her 50th birthday today
- Interlaken has a Mom and Dad visiting their son over at Indian Mountain School
- Interlaken has movie tickets to give to a couple here on the Romantic Interlude package
- Interlaken has a single woman traveler enjoying her special amenity bag
- Interlaken has a woman who just had a facial at ELLORA Spa
- Interlaken has an amazing dinner special in Morgan’s tonight!
- Interlaken has a staff ready to take care of you on this cold January day – and any day of the year!
Showing 411 - 415 of 620 Articles