The Lakeside Blog is happily written by Michelle Bousquet at the Interlaken Inn, Lakeville, CT. She writes about what there is to do at Interlaken and why you should come stay with us, fun local events, great places to visit and cool things to do – in and around Lakeville & Salisbury Connecticut.
Comments? Email me: Michelle-at-InterlakenInn.com
Showing 401 - 405 of 621 Articles
Wave to me!
If you have stayed with us before, then you know upon check-in that we hand you a re-programmable key to your Guestroom. Well, we aren't going to do that anymore. You are on your own. Find your own way in.
Just kidding! Instead of that key, we are going to hand you a re-programmable card that will get you into your Guestroom! Many hotels have them, but this one is different as you simply need to wave this little card in front of the door lock on your room and wah-lah! Open Sesame! There's no need to slide it in and not have the card be accepted - you know what I mean - when the light blinks yellow when you want it to blink green to get you in. And then it beeps at you. That can be so frustrating. And you never know how long to keep those cards inserted to get it to work either. But no worries with this new simple "wave" system! These cards will be encoded for each Guest with a property i.d., the date, time and room number. Besides being super reliable, they are also highly secure, just like our current system is.
So more new and improved at Interlaken for our Guests! They are coming soon!
Sunnyside Sneak Peak!
Almost near completion and I love them already! A few more finishing touches and they are set!
To all of those who have stayed in Sunnyside at Interlaken before, please come and stay with us in a few weeks and then tell me what you think! Haven't stayed in Sunnyside yet? Well, let me tell you what you are missing! A Victorian-styled house with a wrap-around porch, a winding staircase in the main lobby leading to the second floor, and a total of 12 decorative King-bedded rooms - you guessed it - all Victorian styled! All rooms were recently renovated, and the look of these new bathrooms compliment them perfectly! Sunnyside porch is the perfect place to watch the sunset (refer to my "Sunsets = Romance" blog written January 2010) and Sunnyside field is the perfect place to play with your pup (since one room in Sunnyside is now pet friendly). The house is set nicely on top of a hill towards the back of the property, so it tends to be one of our quietest buildings. Come and try Sunnyside for yourself!
"GREEN is the new WHITE!"
This is the saying outside on the sign at Salisbury Garden Center, the wonderful people who make the Interlaken gardens so pretty! Now it was true to its word last week as we were heading to GREEN as much of the WHITE stuff had melted, but welcome First Day of Spring and 3 inches of the WHITE stuff! Bye bye GREEN! I wonder if SGC went out and changed their sign?! Anyway, along with the new WHITE stuff blanketing the Interlaken property this morning comes 20 Queen beds up on our second floor in the main building with all new cozy WHITE duvets topped with what color accents? GREEN of course! This is the only WHITE I wish to see for the next several months, so Mother Nature please take note! And it's always GREEN at Interlaken as we are a Connecticut certified GREEN property... hope you like the new look!
Merry comments from our Guests make the Interlaken staff very Merry! Here's what I've heard this past week:
- This is the 4th year I have stayed at the Interlaken. I must say that your restaurant is fabulous! The menu is varied and the food is delicious. My friends and I especially love the shrimp, beet with goat cheese salad! The price is fair and the ambiance is peaceful, perfect for enjoying your meal. The group that I visit with uses the rooms downstairs. The bathrooms are clean and well stocked and always working. The front desk staff is responsive and pleasant. They are also helpful with any requests. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are clean. I always have an enjoyable stay.
- My son and I had a wonderful visit to the Interlaken Inn. We hope to return next year when he has an official visit/interview for Hotchkiss. Everyone was extremely kind and the food was yummy. We hope to see you soon.
- Our stay was great. We have stayed here a few times. We feel that a movie, 3 course dinner for 2 and a room to stay is such a good deal for the price. Thanks so much for a great stay!
- Yes, I was there for our annual scrapbooking weekend. It is a perfect place for us to go and scrapbook. The food is good , the hotel is quiet and quaint, and the people are nice. Thank you and hope to see you again next year!
- Thanks for reaching out. My dad had purchased a "Date Night" package for my girlfriend and I. We had a wonderful time. The room was very comfortable and our dining experience at Morgan's was superb! Thanks for everything.
- I am happy to say that our stay at the Interlaken was very satisfying. We were victims of an ice storm and were basically displaced from our home for that particular evening. The gentlemen that I initially spoke with and made the reservations with was both professional and courteous. The woman in the evening when we checked in as well as the woman that checked us out were informative and helpful! It was a difficult week for us and they all helped make it easier!
We were also pleasantly surprised with the rooms!
Come and be Merry with us!
Thirteen new vanities are being installed into the bathrooms of the Victorian-styled Sunnyside house at Interlaken! Nice granite tops, brushed nickel faucets, wood shelving - just one part of the Sunnyside bathroom renovation.... once complete, photos to follow!
Showing 401 - 405 of 621 Articles