The Lakeside Blog is happily written by Michelle Bruck at the Interlaken Inn, Lakeville, CT. She writes about what there is to do at Interlaken and why you should come stay with us, fun local events, great places to visit and cool things to do – in and around Lakeville & Salisbury Connecticut.
Comments? Email me: Michelle-at-InterlakenInn.com
Showing 401 - 405 of 609 Articles
Oh how easy it is these days to communicate with our Guests, and to have our Guests communicate with us! Gone are the days of printed comment cards in Interlaken Guestrooms, and an abundance of printed ads in publications for advertising the Interlaken in various markets. Woo-hoo for all of the technological advances to bring us where we are today! Like this BLOG. How would I ever be able to share with you all the information about what is happening here, what’s newly renovated, our latest package offering, the weather in Northwest Connecticut, my love of Harney Tea, wedding photos, the nightly special in Morgan’s - all in a timely fashion – if I didn’t have this blog? Like Facebook. How would the mother of the bride be able to share with everyone her thoughts about her daughter’s wedding held here at the Interlaken last weekend without Facebook? Like Twitter. Come on, we all love the 140 words or less – short to read and simple to write!
Follow our tweets on Twitter! And tweet us back on Twitter!
Fan us on Facebook! Take a moment to tell us about your stay!
Keep reading me for the latest happenings at Interlaken!
SWSA is HOT this year!
Interlaken supports SWSA!
As I was heading to work this morning, passing the Green in Salisbury, CT, I was reminded about the annual Nordic ski jumps held at Satre Hill in Salisbury, CT the weekend of February 11th – 13th. SWSA has hosted this event for 85 years, and this year, Satre Hill unveils its $700,000 community funded, Olympic size steel ski jump. (there’s a reason for this new jump, read on!) The weekend is full of many fun and interesting events, and concludes with the U.S. Eastern Championships on Sunday. But the jumping doesn’t end there for the season! Here’s the reason of the new steel ski jump versus the wood one: SWSA is proud to be this year’s host of the coveted USSA (United States Ski and Snowboard Association) Junior Olympics in Ski Jumping and Nordic Combined competition! The event includes both ski jumping at Satre Hill and cross country skiing over at Mohawk Mountain. Last year, the Junior Olympics (for ages 17 and under) were held in Steamboat Springs, Colorado, and previously in Alaska. Needless to say, this small town of 4000 residents is quite excited to host this premier 5 day event! It all begins on February 22nd and lasts through February 26th. Oh and more good news: Interlaken is happy to be deemed the “Olympic Village” for both opening and closing ceremonies!
February is definitely SWSA’s month to shine, and Interlaken is happy to accommodate everyone who plans to visit these wonderful events! Click here for more info on SWSA, Jump Fest and the Junior Olympics!
Oh my goodness! I just cannot wait for it (IT being Spring) to come this year! With today’s prediction of 12 more inches of snow for Interlaken in Lakeville, CT – I just had to go back through my photos and post ones of warmer and greener times to come!
What are you doing on this frigid January day?
- Interlaken has a bride in our lobby, ready to walk down the aisle to the love of her life
- Interlaken has a family that just got back from skiing at Catamount – we’ve got hot cocoa all ready for them!
- Interlaken has a couple that is leaving shortly to see the show at Infinity Hall
- Interlaken has dinner reservations clustered near the 7pm time, about when Scott Heth begins to play the piano
- Interlaken has a couple doing a menu tasting for their wedding here in June for 165 Guests
- Interlaken has Scrapbookers in house! About 20 ladies in the WRR laughing, cropping, eating, creating memories…
- Interlaken has 107 Guests ready to enjoy a wonderful meal and great dancing under our wedding pavilion
- Interlaken has a woman celebrating her 50th birthday today
- Interlaken has a Mom and Dad visiting their son over at Indian Mountain School
- Interlaken has movie tickets to give to a couple here on the Romantic Interlude package
- Interlaken has a single woman traveler enjoying her special amenity bag
- Interlaken has a woman who just had a facial at ELLORA Spa
- Interlaken has an amazing dinner special in Morgan’s tonight!
- Interlaken has a staff ready to take care of you on this cold January day – and any day of the year!
"Beyond our Expectations"
I love hearing these words, and especially when I hear them from Interlaken Guests! It’s certainly not the first time these words have been written to me via our Guest Feedback campaign, but certainly worth mentioning again.
The Clarkes stayed with us last week and dined in Morgan’s and this was their comment:
“We also ate dinner in Morgan’s and found the food delicious, actually Beyond our Expectations“.
Naturally I had to look to see what they had that they found so delicious! They started their meal with Crispy Shrimp Tempura with Blood Orange-Red Curry Glaze with Coconut-Kaffir Sauce, and then each had the Morgan Burger. You are probably thinking, really, how can a burger stand out as being so delicious? I’d say try one yourself! The Morgan Burger is a locally raised organic burger - top it with any of the following: caramelized onions, bacon, Grafton cheddar, Great Hill blue cheese, Swiss or Grueyure. If our burgers are this delicious, you can only imagine how wonderful the other creative entrees are on our menu. Check out last night’s special: Wild Atlantic Sea Bass, quinoa-chantrelle mushroom pilaf, cherry tomato-salad & chive oil. I am already so hungry and it’s not even 10am!!
It’s supposed to be quite chilly this coming weekend – why not warm up by our fireplace and experience Morgan’s for yourself? It may just be “Beyond your Expectations” too!
Showing 401 - 405 of 609 Articles