The Lakeside Blog is happily written by Michelle Bruck at the Interlaken Inn, Lakeville, CT. She writes about what there is to do at Interlaken and why you should come stay with us, fun local events, great places to visit and cool things to do – in and around Lakeville & Salisbury Connecticut.
Comments? Email me: Michelle-at-InterlakenInn.com
Showing 276 - 280 of 609 Articles
Life Discovery Series - additions!
For those of you who've shown interest in our Life Discovery Series as part of the Weekend Getaway Package, we are happy to announce two more dates this season that just may be of interest to you! Golfers and Scrappers - see what you can learn about in just 90 minutes:
Shirley Breuer - Golf Conditioning - Getting Ready for the Season of your Life Saturday May 19TH
- Has your golf game lost it’s zip?
- Do you notice you’re not as flexible as you used to be and it’s affecting your swing?
- Do you feel as though you’ve lost some distance in your shots?
- Are you having difficulty maintaining your balance when you swing?
- Are aches and pains changing your swing mechanics?
Come and learn from a Physical Therapist how some simple flexibility, strengthening, and balance exercises can improve your posture, add distance to your drives, take strokes off your game and make you feel like the golfer you know and love!
Shirley Breuer, MA, RPT, OCS, CSCS, CEAS has been a Physical Therapist for 30 years, a Strength and Conditioning Specialist for 16 years, a golfer for 34 years, utilizes what she teaches and is proud to claim 3 hole in ones!
Teri Meiers - Intro to Digital Scrapbooking Saturday June 9TH
Capture memories with your computer instead of papers and pens! Learn how you can design beautiful hardbound photo books on your own computer and how with a click of a button they can be printed, bound and shipped direct to your front door. No technical experience required. If you can answer email or play solitaire on your computer…you can do digital scrapbooking. Enjoy a live demonstration of StoryBook Creator Plus 4.0 Software.
Beyond digital scrapbooking…come and check out Teri’s gallery of custom photo gifts, photo cards and invitations, page prints, wall art, calendars and more. See how easy these projects are to design when you have the right software for your computer. Need Teri to do your design work…just ask.
About Teri: Successful entrepreneur, leader Creative Memories, three time recipient of her company’s most prestigious legendary leader award and top incentive trip earner who has traveled the world with Creative Memories. Let Teri tell her story and understand the new concepts in digital scrapbooking.
We will continue to add to this series through-out the year, and I'll keep you posted on new topics!
Interlaken Inn is Expanding!
For the past several weeks, I've been watching the Interlaken's website expand. Have you noticed? Just put your cursor on one of the tabs at the top and watch what happens. There are so many new drop down pages to choose from, many new packages are being offered, new photos have been added, pages have been redesigned - it's gone mad! Let me highlight some of the my favorites on our website!
- Testimonial pages. When I read something that makes me happy, I want to share it. When Guests of Interlaken share their positive comments with us, we'll share them with you. Read what people are saying on the Home, Wedding, Meetings, and Dining tabs.
- Summer packages. Right now we are offering certain packages on certain weekends in May and June. Take advantage of the tremendous savings by booking one today as rooms are limited.
- Affordable Weddings. Flexible on your wedding date? Visit this page as we post certain dates that will give you the perfect wedding at the perfect price!
- Unique Meeting Venues. Dare to be different and forego the traditional meeting room. Book your offsite conference with us and we'll find a unique location conducive to a successful meeting!
Our website will continue to grow in 2012, so be sure to click back often to see the latest!
New Spring Services from ELLORA Spa & Sanctuary
Laura Hess-Hay, owner of ELLORA's Spa & Sanctuary, just shared these new massages now available that will surely release any "tech pressures" you may have!
Tech Release: On the computer all day? Stiff, achy neck, arms and wrists hurt? Here is a massage designed just for you! 45 minutes....$125
Tech Neck: An upper body massage designed to release tired, overworked muscles starting at the back and working to the head. 30 minutes....$85
Tech Hand: A massage concentrated on the hand, wrist, forearm, elbow and upper arm with some shoulder work. 30 minutes....$85
Massages are by appointment only, call for yours today. 860-435-1305.
Check out all of the wonderful services Laura offers - ELLORA Spa & Sanctuary., located right at the Interlaken, just steps away from your Guestroom.
Excellent dinner, lovely breakfast, a perfect room - Interlaken Inn
I received these comments from a Guest who just stayed with us. Can anyone see the smile on my face? Believe me, the entire Interlaken staff is smiling!
We really enjoyed our stay at the Interlaken Inn. Although it was too brief, we had an excellent dinner and a lovely breakfast and a perfect room and so appreciated being upgraded to the second floor. The decor is great and the location is so convenient to Hotchkiss! We look forward to seeing you in the future, whether or not Nina decides to enroll at Hotchkiss in the fall. We only live a few hours away, but would welcome the chance to stay with you again when we visit our daughter. It is very likely that she will, unless she decides to stay at home. What a wonderful part of the country you are in -- pure heaven! I've stayed at hotels near Williams College (countless time) and Exeter and Andover as well as at the very deluxe/fancy Washington Duke Inn (countless times). Also hotels near UVA and Northwestern University and more than I have time to remember or describe right now.........we have five children and our Hotchkiss candidate is the youngest! Your hotel is right up at the top in terms of quality and service and value and your restaurant was better than most! Congratulations.
Thank you so much for a very relaxing and comfortable stay.
Give yourself a Spring break!
Spring arrived in such wonderfully warm style last week, and got many of us in the Northwest Corner skipping Spring and heading right for Summer! The sandals were out, coats were off, sunroofs open, flowers blooming - I even had a few Guests ask me if the boats would be available at the lakefront! I'm all for summer, but would be sad if we missed the rebirth, renewal and regrowth of this amazing season. With April being the first full month of Spring, why not celebrate all Spring has to offer by spending some time at Interlaken? Let me share with you some fun things you can do both inside and out in the lovely month of April!
- Hiking. My new favorite outdoor activity. There are an abundance of hiking trails in the Northwest Corner, and with the best hiking website at your fingertips as a reference guide (http://www.berkshirehiking.com/hikes/w_ct.html), you'll be certain to find the best hike for you. From easy to strenuous on the 2000-mile Appalachian Trail, to climbing to the highest peak in Connecticut at Bear Mountain, or meandering through the Mohawk State Forest, there is something for everyone at any level.
- Biking. Love it. You can bring your bike on the Metro North train and then at the Wassaic Station hop on the Harlem Valley Rail Trail (HVRT) up to Millerton, and then cycle to the Interlaken property (about 4 miles away). Or, leave your bikes at home and rent from the Bash Bish Bicycle located right near the HVRT. Either way, HVRT is perfecting for bicycling for a long run (10 miles each way) or for just a little bit with your younger family.
- Horseback Riding. Lee's Riding Stables at Windfield Morgan Farm in Litchfield, CT has got you covered 7 days a week for anyone 7 years and older, or pony rides for those younger aspiring equestrians. With over 100 acres of rolling hills, view the countryside on horseback!
- Golf. Yes, there are some courses that are already open, thank you summer! Hotchkiss Golf Course, located right next door to the Interlaken, is set to officially open on April 15th, but warm weather permitting, will open April 1st (and that is no joke). The greens are green, the pins are in - time to score that hole in one!
- Infinity Hall. A night on the town. With 21 shows (with one sold out date) beginning with Los Lobos on the 1st and 2011 Grammy nominee Charlie Musselwhite on the 29th, you'll be sure to find a show to entertain you! Remember to book through Interlaken on the A Night on the Town package - a great value and a great way to spend your night away!
- Hotchkiss Film Festival. The first annual film festival held on the weekend of April 20-21, 2012 at the Hotchkiss School, right next door to the Interlaken. Come show your support to high school filmmakers! Interlaken is offering a special room rate for all those attending!
- Sharon Audubon. Discover at the Visitor Center and by walking one of the many trails that focus on plants, birds, and animals in their natural habitats. In April, The Egg Event, Spring Break Sessions, and Salamander hunts are scheduled. A perfect opportunity to open your eyes to nature.
- Wineries. Although wineries are open year round for tastings and tours, why not try this special event being held in April at the Millbrook Vineyards and Winery in neighboring Dutchess County, NY: "Winegrowing Boot Camp Class #1" held on April 14th from 10am to 12noon. Expand your knowledge, learn something new. Combine this with our Millbrook Vineyard Tour Package for a fun tasting weekend away in April!
- Life Discovery Series. Offered right here at Interlaken the first two Saturdays in April at 11am. Ninety minute presentations from those with a passion and the knowledge to teach you something new. Our two topics are "Texas Hold Em" and "Fido, Mind your Manners!". (and yes, you can bring Fido to this one!) Our Weekend Getaway in CT package includes the program, but those here for other reasons can also join in for a small fee.
Showing 276 - 280 of 609 Articles