The Lakeside Blog is happily written by Michelle Bruck at the Interlaken Inn, Lakeville, CT. She writes about what there is to do at Interlaken and why you should come stay with us, fun local events, great places to visit and cool things to do – in and around Lakeville & Salisbury Connecticut.
Comments? Email me: Michelle-at-InterlakenInn.com
Showing 271 - 275 of 603 Articles
Interlaken Inn is Expanding!
For the past several weeks, I've been watching the Interlaken's website expand. Have you noticed? Just put your cursor on one of the tabs at the top and watch what happens. There are so many new drop down pages to choose from, many new packages are being offered, new photos have been added, pages have been redesigned - it's gone mad! Let me highlight some of the my favorites on our website!
- Testimonial pages. When I read something that makes me happy, I want to share it. When Guests of Interlaken share their positive comments with us, we'll share them with you. Read what people are saying on the Home, Wedding, Meetings, and Dining tabs.
- Summer packages. Right now we are offering certain packages on certain weekends in May and June. Take advantage of the tremendous savings by booking one today as rooms are limited.
- Affordable Weddings. Flexible on your wedding date? Visit this page as we post certain dates that will give you the perfect wedding at the perfect price!
- Unique Meeting Venues. Dare to be different and forego the traditional meeting room. Book your offsite conference with us and we'll find a unique location conducive to a successful meeting!
Our website will continue to grow in 2012, so be sure to click back often to see the latest!
New Spring Services from ELLORA Spa & Sanctuary
Laura Hess-Hay, owner of ELLORA's Spa & Sanctuary, just shared these new massages now available that will surely release any "tech pressures" you may have!
Tech Release: On the computer all day? Stiff, achy neck, arms and wrists hurt? Here is a massage designed just for you! 45 minutes....$125
Tech Neck: An upper body massage designed to release tired, overworked muscles starting at the back and working to the head. 30 minutes....$85
Tech Hand: A massage concentrated on the hand, wrist, forearm, elbow and upper arm with some shoulder work. 30 minutes....$85
Massages are by appointment only, call for yours today. 860-435-1305.
Check out all of the wonderful services Laura offers - ELLORA Spa & Sanctuary., located right at the Interlaken, just steps away from your Guestroom.
Excellent dinner, lovely breakfast, a perfect room - Interlaken Inn
I received these comments from a Guest who just stayed with us. Can anyone see the smile on my face? Believe me, the entire Interlaken staff is smiling!
We really enjoyed our stay at the Interlaken Inn. Although it was too brief, we had an excellent dinner and a lovely breakfast and a perfect room and so appreciated being upgraded to the second floor. The decor is great and the location is so convenient to Hotchkiss! We look forward to seeing you in the future, whether or not Nina decides to enroll at Hotchkiss in the fall. We only live a few hours away, but would welcome the chance to stay with you again when we visit our daughter. It is very likely that she will, unless she decides to stay at home. What a wonderful part of the country you are in -- pure heaven! I've stayed at hotels near Williams College (countless time) and Exeter and Andover as well as at the very deluxe/fancy Washington Duke Inn (countless times). Also hotels near UVA and Northwestern University and more than I have time to remember or describe right now.........we have five children and our Hotchkiss candidate is the youngest! Your hotel is right up at the top in terms of quality and service and value and your restaurant was better than most! Congratulations.
Thank you so much for a very relaxing and comfortable stay.
Give yourself a Spring break!
Spring arrived in such wonderfully warm style last week, and got many of us in the Northwest Corner skipping Spring and heading right for Summer! The sandals were out, coats were off, sunroofs open, flowers blooming - I even had a few Guests ask me if the boats would be available at the lakefront! I'm all for summer, but would be sad if we missed the rebirth, renewal and regrowth of this amazing season. With April being the first full month of Spring, why not celebrate all Spring has to offer by spending some time at Interlaken? Let me share with you some fun things you can do both inside and out in the lovely month of April!
- Hiking. My new favorite outdoor activity. There are an abundance of hiking trails in the Northwest Corner, and with the best hiking website at your fingertips as a reference guide (http://www.berkshirehiking.com/hikes/w_ct.html), you'll be certain to find the best hike for you. From easy to strenuous on the 2000-mile Appalachian Trail, to climbing to the highest peak in Connecticut at Bear Mountain, or meandering through the Mohawk State Forest, there is something for everyone at any level.
- Biking. Love it. You can bring your bike on the Metro North train and then at the Wassaic Station hop on the Harlem Valley Rail Trail (HVRT) up to Millerton, and then cycle to the Interlaken property (about 4 miles away). Or, leave your bikes at home and rent from the Bash Bish Bicycle located right near the HVRT. Either way, HVRT is perfecting for bicycling for a long run (10 miles each way) or for just a little bit with your younger family.
- Horseback Riding. Lee's Riding Stables at Windfield Morgan Farm in Litchfield, CT has got you covered 7 days a week for anyone 7 years and older, or pony rides for those younger aspiring equestrians. With over 100 acres of rolling hills, view the countryside on horseback!
- Golf. Yes, there are some courses that are already open, thank you summer! Hotchkiss Golf Course, located right next door to the Interlaken, is set to officially open on April 15th, but warm weather permitting, will open April 1st (and that is no joke). The greens are green, the pins are in - time to score that hole in one!
- Infinity Hall. A night on the town. With 21 shows (with one sold out date) beginning with Los Lobos on the 1st and 2011 Grammy nominee Charlie Musselwhite on the 29th, you'll be sure to find a show to entertain you! Remember to book through Interlaken on the A Night on the Town package - a great value and a great way to spend your night away!
- Hotchkiss Film Festival. The first annual film festival held on the weekend of April 20-21, 2012 at the Hotchkiss School, right next door to the Interlaken. Come show your support to high school filmmakers! Interlaken is offering a special room rate for all those attending!
- Sharon Audubon. Discover at the Visitor Center and by walking one of the many trails that focus on plants, birds, and animals in their natural habitats. In April, The Egg Event, Spring Break Sessions, and Salamander hunts are scheduled. A perfect opportunity to open your eyes to nature.
- Wineries. Although wineries are open year round for tastings and tours, why not try this special event being held in April at the Millbrook Vineyards and Winery in neighboring Dutchess County, NY: "Winegrowing Boot Camp Class #1" held on April 14th from 10am to 12noon. Expand your knowledge, learn something new. Combine this with our Millbrook Vineyard Tour Package for a fun tasting weekend away in April!
- Life Discovery Series. Offered right here at Interlaken the first two Saturdays in April at 11am. Ninety minute presentations from those with a passion and the knowledge to teach you something new. Our two topics are "Texas Hold Em" and "Fido, Mind your Manners!". (and yes, you can bring Fido to this one!) Our Weekend Getaway in CT package includes the program, but those here for other reasons can also join in for a small fee.
A bonfire for any reason, in any season!
A starry sky, a cool evening, Hot Cocoa and S'mores. A crackling fire is center stage, surrounded by your friends, family and business associates.
What? Business associates? Yes, that is what I said!
Nighttime bonfires have been popular for years with our wedding couples. Planned after the rehearsal dinner (typcially a traditional BBQ), friends and family members follow the luminaries to the bonfire site, typically placed lakeside. Toasting marshmallows certainly take you back, so not only are you feeling youthful again, but reminiscing is a given! Lately, many of our family reunions have been doing the same by including the evening bonfire into their family gathering times. Now, corporate groups can add in this fun element to their meeting as well!
Let me introduce our Campfire Meeting Package - a unique & productive meeting venue at Interlaken. It's simple, it's fun, and it includes all you need for a successful meeting!
- Overnight Accommodations
- Unique Outdoor Meeting Space (choose from multiple locations)
- Full Breakfast
- Morning Break
- Afternoon Break
- Continuous Beverage Service
- Four Course Dinner
- Audio Visual Equipment
- Evening Bonfire with S'mores and Hot Cocoa
- All Service Charges
Visit our Meetings & Reunions webpage for pricing as well as for other unique meeting options!
Showing 271 - 275 of 603 Articles