The Lakeside Blog is happily written by Michelle Bousquet at the Interlaken Inn, Lakeville, CT. She writes about what there is to do at Interlaken and why you should come stay with us, fun local events, great places to visit and cool things to do – in and around Lakeville & Salisbury Connecticut.
Comments? Email me: Michelle-at-InterlakenInn.com
Showing 266 - 270 of 621 Articles
CT Green Property
"And the green grass grows all around, all around, the green grass grows all around"
I've been singing this song for several days now since my second grader is getting ready for her year end recital, and I was certainly humming it as I wandered the Interlaken property this afternoon! In addition to Interlaken being one of the very few Certfiied Green Lodging Properties in Connecticut, we are truly very GREEN this season!
With beautiful earth like this, it is only natural we support it 100% by making smart decisions in being environmentally sound. We are always boastful to have become one of the very first green lodging hotels in CT! We were recently recertified in April 2012. Check out our commitments to a better earth!
Visit us for a wedding, visit us with your dog, visit us with your children, visit us with your significant other - whatever the reason you'll be seeing GREEN inside and out!
Love on the Lake
60% of Americans believe in love at first sight. I know I do.
Memorial Day Mix-up!
It's all mixed up at Interlaken this Memorial Day Weekend!
- Weekend wedding, lakeside ceremony, cocktail hour on the lawn - would you like a summer watermelon skewer with feta and black pepper? Reception following under the pavilion surrounded by gardens.
- A Mom is here to support her daughter at the tennis match at Hotchkiss School
- A couple plans to watch the race at Lime Rock Track today and then check out the Sunday Royals Car Show tomorrow
- Another couple was looking to escape NYC and relax in the country. Their picnic lunch will be ready by 2pm today!
- A gentleman decided to bike 43 miles before most of us were even out of bed today! He cycled up Route 41 to Route 23 and then back south through the lush valley views on Route 22
- Another family is sitting out on the lawn as the kids decide whether to play baseball, wiffle ball, or kickball
- A father and daughter were challenging each other to a game of tennis on our recently refurbished courts
- Many families were relaxing lakeside, swimming and canoeing in the deepest lake in Connecticut
- A dip in the pool! One couple was out lounging at 10am - is that too early for a cocktail? I don't think so! Let us bring you one.
- A couple taking advantage of the Memorial Day weekend package - they decided to rent a pontoon boat over at O'Hara's landing in Salisbury, looking to catch some trout
- Golf anyone? A foursome set for their 2pm tee time at Copake Country Club
- Renting bikes over at the Rail Trail Supply Co. in Millerton, NY, hopping on the Harlem Valley Rail Trail, picnic in hand
We have some availability left on Sunday night - give us a call so you can get mixed up too!
What's up with Grass-fed beef?
Can it really make a difference to your health?
You bet it can! Grass-fed beef is higher in healthy unsaturated fats and lower in saturated fats than conventionally raised cows that eat a corn-based feed, one that is often supplemented with antibiotics and growth hormones. If you are going to eat meat, choose grass-fed!
Our grass-fed beef comes from Barlow Beef at Wike Brothers' Farm, just five miles from the Interlaken property. Chef Scimeca gives Farmer Barlow what he needs for the week, and he hops on Route 112 and heads over in his pick-up truck with the delivery. Now that is local!! Taste the healthy difference by ordering a Morgan's burger next time you dine at Morgan's at Interlaken!
Learning to Swim, Interlaken Style
I love it when firsts happen at Interlaken.
Meet Farley. Farley, a Wheaten Terrier, had his first swimming lesson during his recent vacation to Interlaken. Equipped with a doggie life preserver and, although he was nervous, his parents believe he would be willing to try it again. I am assuming he did the doggy paddle?
Here's Farley, back on dry land, enjoying the Interlaken property. Farley's parents say Wheaten's are a very special breed - loyal, loving and very friendly. (In fact, Interlaken's restaurant was named in memory of the Owner's Wheaten Terrier, Morgan.) This was the first time Farley's parents visited Interlaken, and here are the comments they shared with me:
"We had a wonderful, relaxing time on the lake, in the fields and on the trails. The food is delicious, the accommodations comfortable."
Showing 266 - 270 of 621 Articles