The Lakeside Blog is happily written by Michelle Bousquet at the Interlaken Inn, Lakeville, CT. She writes about what there is to do at Interlaken and why you should come stay with us, fun local events, great places to visit and cool things to do – in and around Lakeville & Salisbury Connecticut.
Comments? Email me: Michelle-at-InterlakenInn.com
Showing 261 - 265 of 621 Articles
Sweet, juicy, and loaded with nutrients, strawberries are one of nature's tastiest and healthiest foods. They are also now ripe in this area and ready for picking! Driving through Litchfield County, CT as well Dutchess County and Columbia County, NY the signs are up at the farms with both "u-pick" and "pre-picked". Ellsworth Farm in Sharon, CT, about 10 minutes from the Interlaken, is one of those places offering both. Have you picked lately? If you have the time (like I did on Sunday afternoon) I would certainly recommend it. It has been a long time since I had done that, and it was the first time for my young daughter. We got our empty box and headed out! Rows and rows of strawberry plants in the fields, so fragrant from the hot afternoon sun. There were so many berries on each plant and in a very small section my daughter and I made out like bandits! It was great bonding time (we listed all of the meals we'd be having with strawberries over the next week) and it was wonderful to be out in the fresh country air. Be sure to make time to "smell the strawberries" this season! Ellsworth makes it easy by offering picking 7 days per week.
P.S. We decided the best way to eat strawberries is just like this!
Eat, Drink and Be Merry!
Although Eric Limon did not take these photos (see previous blog for amazing wedding photos), they still show you how Joann at Country Gardener’s decorated the wedding space for the bride and groom today!
Wedding Photo Book
I have to start by saying a big thank you to Eric Limon, a highly talented photographer chosen by many couples who have decided to get married at Interlaken. He has shot so many amazing photos over the years, and just recently compiled an entire book of his favorite shots that showcase both the couple, their special moments and the beauty of the Interlaken property as a wedding destination. As Brandon handed me the beautifully bound leather book, I just knew whatever was inside was incredible. In addition to the actual leather book that lives in the Interlaken lobby waiting for prospective couples to admire it, you can view the entire book on our Facebook page:
I realize not everyone has access to Facebook, so here are a few photos taken by Mr. Limon. After seeing these photos you may wish to contact Eric - click here to visit his website for more information. You also may wish to get married at Interlaken! We host any size event, any season of the year. Click here to visit our weddings page!
The DIVAS are back!
Get a head start on your summer stock theater plans as early as next weekend! The first show at the TriArts Playhouse in Sharon, CT is co-sponsored by Interlaken - we are proud to support this local theater that provides us with such amazing acting and musical talent season after season!
June 8th, 9th, & 10th
Friday & Saturday at 8pm & Sunday at 5pm
Created by Michael Berkeley
Sponsored by Interlaken Inn, AM1020/WHDD
Those dazzling Divas are back, and in a new slot on the calendar! Join the Divas for a nostalgic look back at your favorite songs from your favorite decades in this fast-paced revue. All singing, all dancing, all Divas – a Divalicious way to kick off the season!
The season moves forward on June 28th with the production of The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas, followed by Altar Boyz and then The Sound of Music. The Playhouse Stomp (an alcohol free event) is also featured a day in August before the season's last show on August 26th. Many great shows to choose from with many dates and times throughout the summer - you will be amazed at the talent you see and hear!
The TriArts Theater is located on Route 343 in Sharon, CT, about 10 minutes away from the property.
Farmers Market Season!
When I walk through the kitchen during prep time, I feel like we have our own farmers market with all the fresh local fruits and vegetables that we get from our local farmers and are busy preparing. We all know every meal tastes better with the freshest ingredients, and the Chef's at Morgan's make sure they have the best! Although I am tempted to bring in a basket and shop right there in the kitchen, I instead visit the many farmers markets right here in the surrounding area. Let me share with you where you can find the freshest and most interesting between now and October!
- Millerton Farmers Market. Every Saturday from 9am to 1pm at Railroad Plaza, Millerton, NY. Artisan breads, relishes, gourmet baked goods, heirloom vegetables, entertainment. Closest to the Interlaken property. Many other cute shops to visit while in Millerton, or take a bike ride on the Harlem Valley Rail Trail.
- Kent Farmers Market. Every Saturday from 9am to Noon at Kent Green, Kent, CT. Stop by and visit the specatular Kent Falls on your way.
- Amenia Farmers Market. Every Friday evening from 3pm to 7pm at the Amenia Town Hall, Amenia, NY. Granola, herbal soaps, eggs, beeswax candles.
- Sheffield Farmers Market. Every Friday from 2:30pm to 6:30pm at the Old Parish Church parking lot, Sheffield, MA. "Healthy Farms, Healthy Food, Healthy You." I get one of the most amazing loafs of flax seed bread here!
- Hillsdale Farmers Market. Every 1st, 3rd, and 5th Saturday of the month from 9am to Noon at the Hillsdale Town Park, Hillsdale, NY. Head North on Route 22 into Columbia County and stop before you reach Hillsdale to take a hike to Sunset Rock or up to Bash Bish Falls.
- Norfolk Farmers Market. Every Saturday from 10am to 1pm at the Town Hall Lawn in Norfolk, CT. Barlow Beef is a vendor here - Interlaken purchases their grass-fed burger meat from Farmer Barlow! Rain or shine. Norfolk is the home of Infinity Hall.
Showing 261 - 265 of 621 Articles