The Lakeside Blog is happily written by Michelle Bruck at the Interlaken Inn, Lakeville, CT. She writes about what there is to do at Interlaken and why you should come stay with us, fun local events, great places to visit and cool things to do – in and around Lakeville & Salisbury Connecticut.
Comments? Email me: Michelle-at-InterlakenInn.com
Showing 246 - 250 of 603 Articles
The DIVAS are back!
Get a head start on your summer stock theater plans as early as next weekend! The first show at the TriArts Playhouse in Sharon, CT is co-sponsored by Interlaken - we are proud to support this local theater that provides us with such amazing acting and musical talent season after season!
June 8th, 9th, & 10th
Friday & Saturday at 8pm & Sunday at 5pm
Created by Michael Berkeley
Sponsored by Interlaken Inn, AM1020/WHDD
Those dazzling Divas are back, and in a new slot on the calendar! Join the Divas for a nostalgic look back at your favorite songs from your favorite decades in this fast-paced revue. All singing, all dancing, all Divas – a Divalicious way to kick off the season!
The season moves forward on June 28th with the production of The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas, followed by Altar Boyz and then The Sound of Music. The Playhouse Stomp (an alcohol free event) is also featured a day in August before the season's last show on August 26th. Many great shows to choose from with many dates and times throughout the summer - you will be amazed at the talent you see and hear!
The TriArts Theater is located on Route 343 in Sharon, CT, about 10 minutes away from the property.
Farmers Market Season!
When I walk through the kitchen during prep time, I feel like we have our own farmers market with all the fresh local fruits and vegetables that we get from our local farmers and are busy preparing. We all know every meal tastes better with the freshest ingredients, and the Chef's at Morgan's make sure they have the best! Although I am tempted to bring in a basket and shop right there in the kitchen, I instead visit the many farmers markets right here in the surrounding area. Let me share with you where you can find the freshest and most interesting between now and October!
- Millerton Farmers Market. Every Saturday from 9am to 1pm at Railroad Plaza, Millerton, NY. Artisan breads, relishes, gourmet baked goods, heirloom vegetables, entertainment. Closest to the Interlaken property. Many other cute shops to visit while in Millerton, or take a bike ride on the Harlem Valley Rail Trail.
- Kent Farmers Market. Every Saturday from 9am to Noon at Kent Green, Kent, CT. Stop by and visit the specatular Kent Falls on your way.
- Amenia Farmers Market. Every Friday evening from 3pm to 7pm at the Amenia Town Hall, Amenia, NY. Granola, herbal soaps, eggs, beeswax candles.
- Sheffield Farmers Market. Every Friday from 2:30pm to 6:30pm at the Old Parish Church parking lot, Sheffield, MA. "Healthy Farms, Healthy Food, Healthy You." I get one of the most amazing loafs of flax seed bread here!
- Hillsdale Farmers Market. Every 1st, 3rd, and 5th Saturday of the month from 9am to Noon at the Hillsdale Town Park, Hillsdale, NY. Head North on Route 22 into Columbia County and stop before you reach Hillsdale to take a hike to Sunset Rock or up to Bash Bish Falls.
- Norfolk Farmers Market. Every Saturday from 10am to 1pm at the Town Hall Lawn in Norfolk, CT. Barlow Beef is a vendor here - Interlaken purchases their grass-fed burger meat from Farmer Barlow! Rain or shine. Norfolk is the home of Infinity Hall.
CT Green Property
"And the green grass grows all around, all around, the green grass grows all around"
I've been singing this song for several days now since my second grader is getting ready for her year end recital, and I was certainly humming it as I wandered the Interlaken property this afternoon! In addition to Interlaken being one of the very few Certfiied Green Lodging Properties in Connecticut, we are truly very GREEN this season!
With beautiful earth like this, it is only natural we support it 100% by making smart decisions in being environmentally sound. We are always boastful to have become one of the very first green lodging hotels in CT! We were recently recertified in April 2012. Check out our commitments to a better earth!
Visit us for a wedding, visit us with your dog, visit us with your children, visit us with your significant other - whatever the reason you'll be seeing GREEN inside and out!
Love on the Lake
60% of Americans believe in love at first sight. I know I do.
Memorial Day Mix-up!
It's all mixed up at Interlaken this Memorial Day Weekend!
- Weekend wedding, lakeside ceremony, cocktail hour on the lawn - would you like a summer watermelon skewer with feta and black pepper? Reception following under the pavilion surrounded by gardens.
- A Mom is here to support her daughter at the tennis match at Hotchkiss School
- A couple plans to watch the race at Lime Rock Track today and then check out the Sunday Royals Car Show tomorrow
- Another couple was looking to escape NYC and relax in the country. Their picnic lunch will be ready by 2pm today!
- A gentleman decided to bike 43 miles before most of us were even out of bed today! He cycled up Route 41 to Route 23 and then back south through the lush valley views on Route 22
- Another family is sitting out on the lawn as the kids decide whether to play baseball, wiffle ball, or kickball
- A father and daughter were challenging each other to a game of tennis on our recently refurbished courts
- Many families were relaxing lakeside, swimming and canoeing in the deepest lake in Connecticut
- A dip in the pool! One couple was out lounging at 10am - is that too early for a cocktail? I don't think so! Let us bring you one.
- A couple taking advantage of the Memorial Day weekend package - they decided to rent a pontoon boat over at O'Hara's landing in Salisbury, looking to catch some trout
- Golf anyone? A foursome set for their 2pm tee time at Copake Country Club
- Renting bikes over at the Rail Trail Supply Co. in Millerton, NY, hopping on the Harlem Valley Rail Trail, picnic in hand
We have some availability left on Sunday night - give us a call so you can get mixed up too!
Showing 246 - 250 of 603 Articles