The Lakeside Blog is happily written by Michelle Bousquet at the Interlaken Inn, Lakeville, CT. She writes about what there is to do at Interlaken and why you should come stay with us, fun local events, great places to visit and cool things to do – in and around Lakeville & Salisbury Connecticut.
Comments? Email me: Michelle-at-InterlakenInn.com
Showing 246 - 250 of 613 Articles
I don't mean "check it out", like "take a look" - I mean the hotel version of "check-out" - like depart, leave, vacate! It is one of my favorite days - and not because Guests are leaving, but because I can hear all of the fun things they did at Interlaken all weekend long. Now this weekend was an unbelievably gorgeous one, so needless to say I was a bit jealous by some of the things I heard:
- "We canoed around the perimeter of the lake". I have done this before - here's a photo I took last year when I had the pleasure. The lake and surrounding homes are gorgeous. The lake is peaceful and calm, just lovely. Major jealous!
- "We took our bikes and rode along Route 41 over to Sharon". I have not biked the flats of Route 41, but have driven it many times, of course, and have always admired the view right over the crest of the very first hill. Ellsworth Farm is over in Sharon - perfect place for picking fresh fruit!
- "We were here for our wedding tasting". OK, clearly one of my favorites! Tastings are so much fun for the upcoming married couple-to-be as our Chef's put together a sampling of their wedding food selections. Obviously no wedding tastings for me, but I have done many dining room tastings - remember just the previous blog, I'm taking photos of Dan taking photos of our latest menu items? I had a sampling then - delicious. And I am realizing I didn't even tell you about the most amazing dessert from that day: Buttermilk Panna Cotta with Rhubarb, Toasted Oat Crumb, and Coconut "Snow". It's a seasonal one, of course, so be sure to visit Morgan's soon so you don't miss out on this one! (Sorry I don't have a photo of this one - I ate it too fast!)
- "We plan to hike to Bear Mountain." After biking the Harlem Valley Rail Trail on Saturday, this couple was going to wrap up their weekend with a hike to Connecticut's highest peak. What a gorgeous clear and sunny morning for a nice strenuous hike up the Appalachian Trail - major jealous here! I have yet to hike to Bear Mountain, but have hiked over at Sunset Rock in Copake Falls, NY - a much less strenuous hike but with equally beautiful views of the Hudson Valley - even in March!
- "I was here performing for Tri-Arts". Yes, even the performers stay with us! Here's a comment we just received on our Facebook page: Had such a wonderful time at the Interlaken that I left my bag there! Jealous that my dirty clothes will get to spend another night at this fine establishment. Hopefully, the gang and I will be back soon!
Thank you, Guests, for checking out!
Photo Double Take
I love my little blog camera - it's perfect for what I use it for. Photos of the wedding pavillion, the gardens, the lake, the rooms, and of course - food! Like the one of my to-go dinner the other night, sitting on my lap - I just point and shoot and I am done! To have the utmost clarity, zoom or flash options is not 100% necessary for my purpose, but when it is time to update property or food photos for our website and for other publications, it is time to bring in the professional! Our "professional" in this case is Dan Bolognani, also the Inn's Director of Sales and Marketing. Photography has been a long-time passion and interest of Dan's, and with the right equipment on hand, he can get the job done! Here he is, in action, while I do my best not to eat what he's trying to take a picture of!
The right equipment.
He loves this so much he even smiles when he's taking the picture!
Now let's focus on the amazing creations by Chef Scimeca and his Culinary Team!
Roasted Hudson Valley Duck Breast with White Asparagus, Fava Beans and Beech Mushrooms with a Red Wine Caramel.
Rare Seared Tuna with Fresh Hawaiian Hearts of Palm, Cucumber Mignoette, Lime
Thinly sliced House-Cured Wild Coho Salmon with Edamame Puree, Black Sesame Crumble
Seared Maine Diver Scallops with Spring Sweet Pea, Lemon, Pistachio Topping
Some of these items are specials for this weekend only, so come and visit us now!
We were there on our honeymoon and I can sum it up in one word....AWESOME !!
Everything about it...the location, the staff, the cottage.
We enjoyed every minute we were there.
Thank you so much for a memorable honeymoon @ Interlaken Inn.
Morgan's - Make Mine to go, lakeside
Did you know you can take this wonderful entree from Morgan's Restaurant:
East Coast Red Snapper with Saffron Potato, Zucchini, Spanish Chorizo Topping, Aioli
right on down to this:
Interlaken Inn Lakefront
and enjoy your dinner lakeside? Yes, you can.
Come in and place your order (allow yourself a few minutes, it could be hard to choose), then enjoy a glass of wine or a cocktail while we prepare your meal freshly made-to-order using as many local ingredients as possible. We will put your dinner in recycled to go containers and give you all the necessary accompaniments. Take a leisurely walk to the private Interlaken lakefront and wah-lah - you have an instant picnic!
You know how you get a bunch of emails in your inbox and you "browse" through them - pretty much looking for the "good ones" and clicking on them first? Well, anything with an "RE: Thank you for choosing Interlaken Inn" in the subject line gets clicked on right away by my little mouse! I absolutely love reading what our Guests have to say, and here is one that I just had to share with all of you!
I'm very pleased to let you know how thoroughly i enjoyed my stay at the Interlaken Inn on 8th & 9th June 2012. Our stay was in the framework of a gathering of family and friends in honor of a very special birthday for my sister.
I had the pleasure of a stay at the Interlaken Inn last August (2011). Both my visit then, as this month's, were made most enjoyable by the comfort and consideration you and your staff offer your clientele, and the outstanding facilities each guest is enabled to enjoy.
You may be certain that every time i visit the beautiful Berkshire corner of Connecticut, if my stay cannot be at the home of my sister in nearby Taconic, it's the Interlaken Inn that will be my address. Additionally, the Interlaken Inn can count upon my highest recommendation to friends and family for their stays in Connecticut.
I appreciate your thoughtful follow-up, and am pleased that i can respond with my highest grade and evaluation.
Thank you, Mr. Collin, for sharing your experiences at Interlaken!
Showing 246 - 250 of 613 Articles