The Lakeside Blog is happily written by Michelle Bousquet at the Interlaken Inn, Lakeville, CT. She writes about what there is to do at Interlaken and why you should come stay with us, fun local events, great places to visit and cool things to do – in and around Lakeville & Salisbury Connecticut.
Comments? Email me: Michelle-at-InterlakenInn.com
Showing 211 - 215 of 616 Articles
What's happening behind those big grasses?
Three guesses as to what is happening under the pavilion this afternoon.
Nope, it's not a bat mitzvah, although we did host one here earlier this week (contact Brandon if you would like to book one). It's not a radical race team building event either! Good guess though, as we do them often too - Kristy Barto can help you out with that. A family reunion dinner? Sorry, but Maura McQuade can assist you in planning one for your family! Your three guesses are up! Here are a few hints:
Yes, the first of many fall weddings this season! Autumn weddings typically include the wonderful tastes of fall as well - here is what their Guests will be enjoying this evening:
Pear, Parmesan, and Arugula Salad with Creamy Lemon Vinaigrette
Butternut Squash Ravioli with Pecans and Sage
Halibut with Lemon-Caper Nage
Braised Shortribs of Beef with Red Wine
Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Fresh Herbs and Caramelized Root Vegetables with Sage
August's Top Performers
I am sure you've been checking the blog every day since September 1st just to see if I have posted the top selling items in the month of August yet! Well today is your lucky day if you are checking in for that very reason. I love to see the most popular items of the month too, so let's see who the winners are. I am going to just focus on Morgan's Restaurant from now on as that is way more fun!
The winner again this month is the Salmon! Wild salmon can be eaten without the fear of excess contaminants or mercury, and of course (as you must know) is a great way to get your Omega-3 fatty acids into your diet. Tastes great and great for you? I'm in. The Wild King Salmon dish is currently being served grilled with marinated cucumbers and leeks, saffron yogurt, and pistachio. Our second runner-up is the chicken entree: Organic Chicken Breast with local thin beans, fingerling potatoes, roasted garlic-thyme jus. Tied for third was the Strip Steak (Grilled Grass-fed N.Y. Strip with house worcestershire, horseradish, garlicky spinach) and the Snapper (East Coast Red Snapper with red pepper crust, local organic sweet corn, young scallions).
East Coast Red Snapper with red pepper crust, local organic sweet corn, young scallions
Hungry yet? Wait, let me get you the dessert winners to complete your entire salivating mouth!
The Chocolate Ganache Torte has been taken down! The most ordered dessert in August was the Apple Fritter: Local Apple Fritters with vanilla bean ice cream. I have a feeling this is going to be the winner for September as well with everyone starting to get into the apple season again. Our homemade ice cream/sorbet scoop came in second and no worries, the Double Ganache Torte with Pretzel ice cream came in a solid third.
One last dip
take one last dip in the pool like it was summer. Relax and swim before these beautiful green trees turn into warm shades of oranges, reds and yellows and our pool closes for the season.
Our heated swimming pool will be open for another few weeks, so be sure to come very soon!
Hello all! I'm back to blogging and happy to be doing so! Where did I go? I was fortunate enough to spend a week in a hot and sunny place with my family, ending the summer with a bang! How did you spend the last few weeks of your summer? Many people spent some time at Interlaken, and here's what they had to say about their final summer getaway!
- All was wonderful, as has become the norm.
- Even though we weren't too far from home it was still nice to get away. A special thank you to the dining room staff for putting a birthday candle in my boyfriend's dessert and singing! lol We would both recommend the Interlaken.
- This was my third stay at the Interlaken Inn. And just like my first time in was great. Just minutes from Skip Barber @ Lime Rock it made my stay even more enticing. But the main reason for my stays are the amenities you have to offer along with a great staff and great dining. I will be back next year for another stay.
- The staff couldn't have been more receptive and inviting. The room was clean and well taken care of. A real pleasure. I look forward to my next stay with you.
- We had a very nice time and the facility did a great job with the wedding we attended.
- Our stay was fabulous! The staff was genuinely welcoming and helpful. The food was delicious! The grounds were lovely.
- Staff was very pleasant, diner was excellent and the room was clean. We had a great time. Thank you!!
- please know that we were delighted with our stay, accomodations, food, piano music, and most of all your very attentive staff. We look forward to our next visit.
- Our stay at the Interlaken Inn was wonderful! The grounds are beautiful and the staff was not only accommodating, but made us feel welcomed.
- We had a great stay at Interlaken in August. We loved the room and would definitely choose that type of room again (I think it was Sunnyside--the building in the back). Our favorite activity is canoeing on the lake.
Summer may be over, but the fun and relaxing times at Interlaken certainly are not! Come visit us for a wonderful fall getaway!
Meet Brandon Scimeca
Time to learn more about Brandon Scimeca, the Executive Chef (and Food and Beverage Director) at Interlaken. If you have visited us you may have seen him either donning a Chef's jacket, or wearing a dress shirt and pants for a wedding house visit, or carrying in bushels of fresh vegetables from his garden with the help of his son. You have definitely met him, though, in every meal you've had if you have head the pleasure of dining in Morgan's. He is the man with the farm-to-table mission - click the link below to read the article in the Litchfield County Times to learn more about his passion. And when you are done, do make a dining reservation with us to savor the last tastes of summer!
Showing 211 - 215 of 616 Articles