The Lakeside Blog is happily written by Michelle Bousquet at the Interlaken Inn, Lakeville, CT. She writes about what there is to do at Interlaken and why you should come stay with us, fun local events, great places to visit and cool things to do – in and around Lakeville & Salisbury Connecticut.
Comments? Email me: Michelle-at-InterlakenInn.com
Showing 176 - 180 of 623 Articles
This is one thing we all have in common: we have a birthday. Some of you may see that as a bad thing (another year older...) but generally speaking it's a wonderful thing! The other option is certainly not a good one. Anyway, how about you celebrate it with a brand new, hot off the spa press, Birthday Bliss Package from ELLORA Spa! It truly is a party for one! She will feel like a Queen on her special day, being pampered from the top of her scalp to the tip of her toe. The package includes an overnight so it will also assist in your resolution of more getaways this year! This is the perfect package for your Wife, your Girlfriend, your Mom, your Sister, your Best Friend. Even if it is your "unbirthday" feel free to come anyway and take advantage of this new and very special package from ELLORA Spa & Sanctuary located right at Interlaken. Thank you, Laura Hess-Hay, for the perfect "One size fits all" gift for the ladies!
This is how many pieces the band will be for our upcoming ballroom dance weekend. Now that is a BIG BAND! Although I mentioned this new package to you back in November, the first ever ballroom dance weekend at Interlaken is now just one month away! It falls on the most perfect weekend in February, of course, the weekend Interlaken is celebrating Valentine's Day. Hold your partner close all weekend long as you learn to dance and then show off your moves as the 18 piece band helps glide you around the dance floor! Check out the details of this super fun and calorie burning weekend by clicking here!
Happy New Year!
I feel like we just started 2012 yet here we are, another full year ahead of us that will hopefully be a happy and a healthy one. 'Tis the season for the usual resolutions - did you pick the same one as last year? If it was "I plan to go get away more often" than that is certainly worth a repeat for this year! When a 7 day beach vacation just doesn't fit into your busy schedule (or your budget), frequent weekend or weekday getaways just might do the trick. Interlaken offers several getaway packages that will help you keep your resolutions this year. We've got the usual favorites plus NEW for 2013 - read on!
- Romantic Interlude, Romantic Escape, Romantic Date Night and Instant Romance Package - Sweethearts, we've got you covered. Send the kids to grandma and grandpa's for a one night away to reconnect. Choose the package right for you - sweet and simple or one a bit more elaborate.
- The Weekend Getaway Package - Sneak away for one or two days and "live and learn" at Interlaken! A variety of topics, including the Art of Floral Design with Kamilla Najdek, a Songwriter's Workshop with Jimmy Wayne (yes, THE Jimmy Wayne) and Your Cup of Tea with John Harney, will acquainte you with something that has perhaps always peaked your interest. We've got a unique workshop almost every weekend right through March 9th.
- Connecticut Cooking Classes - who does not like to eat? I am sure there are no hands raised here, but if the question was "who does not like to cook" there may be some arms in the air! Let Interlaken's own Chef Brandon Scimeca will share his passion for food and change your mind. We've got three weekends each in January, February and March - pick one!
- Escape & Indulge and Couples Massage Package - Of course one must renew and revitalize their body at the beginning of the new year! ELLORA Spa & Sanctuary will cleanse and energize and pamper your soul.
- Sleigh Ride Package - the title says it all. Take a horse-drwan sleigh ride through pretty hills of Litchfield County. I really could have listed this with the romance packages because really, how romantic does this sound? Weather permitting of course! A Carriage Ride will be substituted if Mother Nature has not provided enough snow.
- Nothing here that interests you? No worries, there's more! See our complete list of packages by clicking here.
Resolve to keep your resolutions by visiting Interlaken!
A "Hoppy" Guest
If I said that Interlaken has rabbits now, this is probably what you would have thought of:
You'd be right of course as these rabbits have been hopping around on Interlaken property for awhile now. But what if I showed you this?
Meet Ollie! Yes, a real live cute little bunny named Ollie hopped onto Interlaken property a few weeks ago and very much liked his stay with us. Ollie enjoyed the bananas that someone gave him at the front desk and he also sampled some fresh Connecticut kale from the local grocery store. It looks as though he liked being out of his cage in one of our Woodside pet friendly rooms.
Ollie is not the only one who enjoyed their stay! This is what his owners wrote:
We had a great weekend with our pet bunny at your resort! The entire staff in the hotel and restaurant were friendly and welcoming. The pet friendly room that we stayed in was perfectly clean, cozy, and we really enjoyed the updated bathroom! I would not have expected such a nice facility to be pet friendly! The restaurant was amazing!!! And we also took advantage of the workout room. Hope to visit again soon!! Although much of our pet friendly literature talks about and refers to dogs, this proves we welcome pets of all sorts! Thank you, Ollie, for staying with us!
We had a great weekend with our pet bunny at your resort! The entire staff in the hotel and restaurant were friendly and welcoming. The pet friendly room that we stayed in was perfectly clean, cozy, and we really enjoyed the updated bathroom! I would not have expected such a nice facility to be pet friendly! The restaurant was amazing!!! And we also took advantage of the workout room. Hope to visit again soon!!
Although much of our pet friendly literature talks about and refers to dogs, this proves we welcome pets of all sorts! Thank you, Ollie, for staying with us!
If you happened to be driving by the Interlaken at 5pm today (or walking to the front entrance to check-in) then this is the pretty sight you saw:
A sweet and festive wedding ceremony in our Vineyard room! A light dusting of snow happened early on in the day to provide the perfect setting of a white wedding. Remember an earlier blog this month introduced you to another reception location, the Will Rogers Room? I have another intimate option to share with you: the Continental Room. Typically used for meetings and social retreats, this room also dresses up perfectly for a cozy evening affair. Although I do love my little blog camera, it was unable (I should say I was unable) to capture the beautiful glow in the room the lights and candles created. I ask that you please use your imagination now and look forward to photos in 2013 from the professional photographer for this one!
A table for the bride and groom was perfectly placed in front of the fireplace as about 60 of their friends and family surrounded them.
The big globes in the patio room are typically white, but not for this event! Each one had a colored light and it so popped this room where cocktails were served and everyone kicked up their heels with the sounds of the DJ.
If you have a smaller special event to plan please keep these intimate options in mind! Stephanie can give you complete details - email her! Weddings@interlakeninn.com.
Showing 176 - 180 of 623 Articles