The Lakeside Blog is happily written by Michelle Bousquet at the Interlaken Inn, Lakeville, CT. She writes about what there is to do at Interlaken and why you should come stay with us, fun local events, great places to visit and cool things to do – in and around Lakeville & Salisbury Connecticut.
Comments? Email me: Michelle-at-InterlakenInn.com
Showing 1 - 5 of 623 Articles
VLOG #4: Fall Wedding at Interlaken
What a gorgeous day in New England for a Fall Wedding! A video of our wedding pavilion before the Guests arrive is much better than photos!
VLOG #3: Happy Quilters
Sharing emails like this with you make me very happy. What doesn't make me happy though is at the end of the vlog I say "What more Can I Say?" How dumb! There's plenty more I can say, and you can read what I can say below after you've watched the video.
I can say "Thank you so much, Claire, for taking the time to write such a heartfelt note. It means so much to the entire staff."
I can say "Thank you so much, Claire, for choosing us the first time and continuing to come back every year, twice a year, for over 10 years!"
I can say "Thank you, Quilting Ladies, for always coming in with a smile, ready to have a great weekend doing something you love."
I can say "Thank you, Quilting Ladies, for always being ready to eat! Between the three meals and two snacks per day, we bombard you with something to eat in what seems like every other hour!"
I can say "Thank you, Quilting Ladies, for bringing creative and happy energy to all of our meeting space all weekend long!"
I am realizing when the video is rolling I become a bit speechless!
If you want to bring your creative group (or even a non-creative group for that matter) to Interlaken, just give me a ring or drop me an email and tell me what you have in mind. Yes, I am now the one you would be talking with to make arrangements so don't keep me waiting!
VLOG #2: Welcome Penthouse Deck!
When I heard the Penthouse Deck was completed I could barely contain my excitement.
Although we have had the furniture for the rooftop deck off of our new Penthouse Suite all season long, we were waiting for the Bamboo Panels to be custom made and delivered to us. They finally were and they were installed this past week along with a new wood deck. It is raining today so I didn't plan to take photos (I like sunny day photos) but as soon as I saw it I ran to get my camera and phone as I just had to share it with you. I certainly plan to take more videos of both the Suite itself and this pretty deck that is just the frosting on the cake.
Lakeside Vlog - Take 1
So here is my first attempt to post a VLOG on the Lakeside BLOG! Don't get me wrong, I love to write and I love to share photos, but really, after over 4 years of this let me try something a bit different! You could probably use a change too. I think you'll get a better feel for the property through video, and I also think you will get a good laugh, so that's worth it in itself.
So here's my first take. I already critiqued it: my head was cut off in the beginning, we showed too much road instead of focusing up on the trees, I jumped from side to side too much, I said a few things that didn't make sense and I wish I said more things (like this is where our wedding couples get married) and why did we park the Interlaken truck right there?! So now that we've got that out of the way, let's take a look!
Salisbury's Fall Festival is coming!
Another reason to come to Lakeville this upcoming Columbus Day Weekend!
You don't want to miss the 59th Annual Fall Festival in Salisbury and Lakeville this year. The weather for the weekend looks dry and with typical Fall temperatures, which, let's admit, is what we want this time of year. Pack your coziest sweater and come visit! We still have some rooms available this weekend so be sure to give us a call or make your Reservations on our website.
I am simply going to "cut and paste" from the Fall Festival website so you can read about all the special activities happening this weekend:
- Indulge in a hearty breakfast of freshly-made blueberry pancakes, then wander Main Street for attic treasures, global crafts, and previously-loved books and jewelry in the villages’ churches.
- Admire the beautiful quilt show.
- Purchase delicious homemade baked goods and learn how to make bread.
- Enjoy hot dogs, Greek pastries, baked potatoes with toppings, chili and cornbread, mac 'n cheese, and Central American dishes. Look for artisans selling hand-made jewelry, art, and crafts.
- Visit the special art exhibit and listen to live music by the Salisbury Band and The Joint Chiefs.
- Cast your vote in the Scarecrow Contest.
- Attend the Salisbury Forum and the Bluegrass concert.
- Bring the kids! They'll enjoy magic shows, hay rides, vintage car rides, face painting, games, crafts.
- End the weekend at the Beer-Tasting Festival up at the ski jumps with gorgeous autumn views of the Litchfield Hills and Berkshire Mountains.
- We hope you'll also visit the two villages' intriguing stores, boutiques, galleries, and restaurants. Many will be offering sidewalk sales throughout the Festival!
Be sure to check out Interlaken's entry in the Scarecrow contest!
Showing 1 - 5 of 623 Articles