The Lakeside Blog springs forth from the creative mind of Michelle Bruck at the Interlaken Inn, Lakeville, CT. She writes about events, great places to visit and cool things to do – in and around Lakeville & Salisbury Connecticut.
Showing - of Articles
After a balmy 55 degree day yesterday, it's cold outside again. But no worries here - I am still all warm inside from these nice comments from our Guests this week!
- Interlaken was a wonderful get away - food was great and staff was friendly and made sure we were happy- Would come back again and tell our friends about this jewel.
- We had a lovely stay. We especially enjoyed our dinner in Morgan's (really terrific food and excellent service) and plan to visit the restaurant and Inn again.
- The staff was excellent! Very friendly and helpful. The restaurant was an unexpected delight. Our room was lovely and very clean. We are happy that we have a nice place to stay when we return to Lakeville!
I often showcase the lakefront in the warmer months but really, how pretty is this?
Canadian Geese, normally not found on Lake Wononscopomuc, have found it quite comfortable too.
I recommend taking your breakfast to go, hop in your car and get your day started lakeside.
This is one thing we all have in common: we have a birthday. Some of you may see that as a bad thing (another year older...) but generally speaking it's a wonderful thing! The other option is certainly not a good one. Anyway, how about you celebrate it with a brand new, hot off the spa press, Birthday Bliss Package from ELLORA Spa! It truly is a party for one! She will feel like a Queen on her special day, being pampered from the top of her scalp to the tip of her toe. The package includes an overnight so it will also assist in your resolution of more getaways this year! This is the perfect package for your Wife, your Girlfriend, your Mom, your Sister, your Best Friend. Even if it is your "unbirthday" feel free to come anyway and take advantage of this new and very special package from ELLORA Spa & Sanctuary located right at Interlaken. Thank you, Laura Hess-Hay, for the perfect "One size fits all" gift for the ladies!
This is how many pieces the band will be for our upcoming ballroom dance weekend. Now that is a BIG BAND! Although I mentioned this new package to you back in November, the first ever ballroom dance weekend at Interlaken is now just one month away! It falls on the most perfect weekend in February, of course, the weekend Interlaken is celebrating Valentine's Day. Hold your partner close all weekend long as you learn to dance and then show off your moves as the 18 piece band helps glide you around the dance floor! Check out the details of this super fun and calorie burning weekend by clicking here!
Happy New Year!
I feel like we just started 2012 yet here we are, another full year ahead of us that will hopefully be a happy and a healthy one. 'Tis the season for the usual resolutions - did you pick the same one as last year? If it was "I plan to go get away more often" than that is certainly worth a repeat for this year! When a 7 day beach vacation just doesn't fit into your busy schedule (or your budget), frequent weekend or weekday getaways just might do the trick. Interlaken offers several getaway packages that will help you keep your resolutions this year. We've got the usual favorites plus NEW for 2013 - read on!
- Romantic Interlude, Romantic Escape, Romantic Date Night and Instant Romance Package - Sweethearts, we've got you covered. Send the kids to grandma and grandpa's for a one night away to reconnect. Choose the package right for you - sweet and simple or one a bit more elaborate.
- The Weekend Getaway Package - Sneak away for one or two days and "live and learn" at Interlaken! A variety of topics, including the Art of Floral Design with Kamilla Najdek, a Songwriter's Workshop with Jimmy Wayne (yes, THE Jimmy Wayne) and Your Cup of Tea with John Harney, will acquainte you with something that has perhaps always peaked your interest. We've got a unique workshop almost every weekend right through March 9th.
- Connecticut Cooking Classes - who does not like to eat? I am sure there are no hands raised here, but if the question was "who does not like to cook" there may be some arms in the air! Let Interlaken's own Chef Brandon Scimeca will share his passion for food and change your mind. We've got three weekends each in January, February and March - pick one!
- Escape & Indulge and Couples Massage Package - Of course one must renew and revitalize their body at the beginning of the new year! ELLORA Spa & Sanctuary will cleanse and energize and pamper your soul.
- Sleigh Ride Package - the title says it all. Take a horse-drwan sleigh ride through pretty hills of Litchfield County. I really could have listed this with the romance packages because really, how romantic does this sound? Weather permitting of course! A Carriage Ride will be substituted if Mother Nature has not provided enough snow.
- Nothing here that interests you? No worries, there's more! See our complete list of packages by clicking here.
Resolve to keep your resolutions by visiting Interlaken!
Showing - of Articles